Electrical Insulation Materials Offer Superior Quality and Reliability
These proven electrical insulation materials feature the right balance of properties, enabling them to deliver reliable performance even in the most demanding environments.
When you’re designing products that require electrical insulation systems (EIS), DuPont can make your job easier in meeting electrical insulation standards. That’s because we provide the industry’s broadest offering of pre-approved systems, over 400, by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and recognized to IEC standards. These systems include a wide range of DuPont materials used in electrical insulation, including: films, aramid papers, pressboard products, and thermoplastic resins. Our portfolio of high-performance materials enable us to meet virtually all the electrical insulation requirements of today's transformers, motors, relays, switches, sensors and encapsulated coils and components.
- ABB’s first 250 MVA, 400 kV fastdeployable transformer
- ABB’s Rapid Recovery Transformer Initiative
- Kapton® for Aircraft Thermal/Acoustic Insulation Systems
- Hybrid Insulation Systems
Brithinee Electric Motor Repair
For more than 30 years, Brithinee Electric has been building customer confidence and business growth with an uncompromising demand for quality and exclusive use of Nomex® insulation to meet its electric motor repair requirements.
Transformers in Urban Areas
Gaz Electricité de Grenoble chose a hybrid insulation system utilizing Nomex® for its transformers in urban areas, enabling it to install a low-noise transformer with a much higher rating in the existing substation.
- Reliability and high temperature performance in Nuclear Power Plants
- Improving Motor Insulation Reliability at FMV
Over 14 GW – 6000 SLIM® and Bio-SLIM® Transformer Units installed since 2001
In 2000, CG Power Systems teamed up with DuPont to develop high-temperature, liquid-immersed transformers targeted at the wind segment. Today, thousands of wind turbine transformers with Nomex® insulation have been installed globally.
Reliable Slot Insulation
Whether it’s motor repair, rotor rebuilding, replacement laminations or stator restacking, Darby Electric relies on Nomex® paper and laminates for slot insulation and other critical applications to ensure quality that exceeds customer expectations.
Flanders Industrial Motor Repair
Flanders Electric provides the highest quality power products and services, including industrial motor repair. An integral part of the quality equation is the use of Nomex® paper and Nomex® based laminates.
The use of Nomex® paper and pressboard helps enable a lighter weight traction transformer design for Amtrak’s Acela Express, reducing the weight of the equipment transformer by between 15% and 25%.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Fusabond® Resins as Coupling Agents in Halogen-Free Wire & Cable Applications
Extensive trials have been undertaken using Fusabond® E as a coupling agent in halogen-free, flame retardant wire and cable formulations...
- Zytel® PA: An Ideal Electrical Polymer
- High Temperature Electrical Insulation
- Rynite® PET Resin for Electrical Encapsulation
- Crastin® PBT: Electrical Plastic for Connectors
- EIS Selector Tool
- Webinar: Optimizing Electrical Design
- Why Do I Need EIS
- What is Electrical Insulation
- Webinar: High-Temperature Material Applications for Liquid Immersed Transformers
- Webinar: Same Rating, Different Performance? Choosing the Correct Insulation Material
- Nomex® paper properties
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Liquid Immersed Transformers
- Dry Type Transformer Insulation
- Kapton® Plays Important Role on Rosetta Mission
- Reliable Generator Insulation
- Reliable Motor Insulation
- Electrical Encapsulation Materials
- Kapton® for Improved Motor & Generator Performance
- Kapton® Primary Electrical Insulation in Aerospace Applications
- Electrical Motor Insulation
- Transformer Insulation
- Electrical Insulation Polymers
- Cable Jacketing