Pyralux® APR copper clad resistor laminate
DuPont™ Pyralux® APR is an all polyimide double sided resistor laminate ideal for advanced applications in military, aerospace, automotive and consumer electronics markets, where reliable embedded resistor technology, temperature tolerance, and robust processing are required.
Pyralux® APR provides designers, fabricators, and assemblers a versatile option for a wide variety of circuit constructions.
This patented all polyimide composite is a double sided construction of polyimide film bonded to copper foil, and features Ticer Technologies’ TCR® thin film copper resistor foil as one or both of the clad foils.
• World class resistive layer tolerance and electrical performance
• Excellent dielectric thickness tolerance
• Embedded capacitance and resistance in a single laminate
• Thin, rugged copper clad laminate with superior handling and processing
• High copper polyimide resistor foil adhesion strength
• Low coefficient of thermal expansion for flex and rigid multi-layer PCBs
• Excellent thermal resistance
• UL 94V-0
• UL maximum operating temperature (MOT) 180C
• Compatible with printed wiring board industry processes, IPC 4204A/11 certified
• Resistivity values of 25, 50, and 100 ohms/sq; other resistivities available upon special request
• Available in backside copper thicknesses of 18 and 35 microns ED; others available upon special request
• Available in polyimide thicknesses of 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 mils; others available upon special request
Product Data Sheets (1)
Additional Information (1)
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
DuPont™ Pyralux® AP is an all polyimide double sided copper clad laminate that has excellent thermal, chemical and mechanical properties ideal for use in high reliability flex and multilayer flex circuitry.
DuPont™ Pyralux® LF products are acrylic-based copper clad laminates, coverlays, bondplys and sheet adhesives and have been the industry standard in high reliability applications in the consumer electronics industry for over 35 years with a proven record of consistency and dependability.
DuPont™ Pyralux® TK is a fluoropolymer/polyimide composite double sided copper clad laminate and bondply ideal for high speed digital and high frequency flexible circuit applications.
DuPont™ Pyralux® HXC is DuPont™ Kapton® MBC black polyimide film coated with epoxy ideal for products where uniform matte black appearance is desired.
DuPont™ Pyralux® FR products are acrylic-based flame retardant copper clad laminates, coverlays, bonpdplys and sheet adhesives for products requiring UL rating.
DuPont™ Pyralux® LF-B is DuPont™ Kapton® B black polyimide film coated with acrylic ideal for products here uniform matte black appearance is desired.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
DESIGN TIP: Need for Anchoring Spurs and Pad Fillets
During soldering or assembly operations any stress to the conductor/pad interface can cause a fracture of the conductor.
DESIGN TIP: Pad Hold Down Options
Design options for covercoated pad hold down for single-sided and double-sided flex circuit applications
DESIGN TIP: Epoxy Resin Fillets
The purpose of the fillet is to prevent conductors from being cracked when the circuit is flexed during installation.
DESIGN TIP: Balanced Circuit Pattern Reduces Premature Failure
Preventing isolated stress conditions critical to ensure no premature falilure will occur in flexibile circuit
DESIGN TIP: Minimum Bend Radius for Flex Circuits
Even though flex circuits are very pliable and flexible, there are limits to their flexibility.
DESIGN TIP: Pad Only Plating
This process is used on double sided (Type 2) circuits where maximum flexibility is desired.