AS Series Paste System for Thermal Management
Effective heat management is the key to optimum performance, for applications ranging from LED lighting to power semiconductors. The AS series thermal management paste system from DuPont offers an innovative and reliable solution.
For many applications and end products, thermal management is crucial to ensuring optimum performance. The innovative AS series thermal management paste system consists of a series of screen printable pastes, compatible with aluminum heat sinks and substrates, that provide enhanced performance in terms of heat management, breakdown voltage, system simplification and operating temperature.
Key benefits of the AS series thermal management paste system:
- Directly patternable on extruded aluminum
- Removes the need for expensive thermal interface material (TIM)
- Low thermal resistance of package
- BDV >4kV @ 35 micron
- Operating temperature >200°C
- Wirebondable and solderable
- White reflective encapsulant
- Low temperature curing polymer based system also available for cast alloys
Components of the AS series thermal management paste system:
- Single component dielectric layer
- Low fire solderable/wirebondable Ag
- Thermal via Ag
- White reflective layer
- Curable polymeric dielectric and Ag conductor
The AS series is compatible with these grades of aluminum:
- Glass system: 1000, 3000, 4000 and passivated 6000 srs
- Polymer system: cast alloys and all other grades
USES AND APPLICATIONS
Thermal Management for Electronics
DuPont offers thermally conductive materials which exhibit exceptional reliability under extreme temperatures as well as electronic inks that can print directly to a variety of conductive substrates.