GreenTape™ 9K7 Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramic Material System
Designed for advanced high-frequency, microwave, and millimeter wave electronic circuit applications, GreenTape™ 9K7 is integral to technologies in the aerospace, automotive, military, consumer electronics and telecommunications industries.
DuPont™ GreenTape™ 9K7 is a low loss glass ceramic dielectric tape for high frequency applications – up to 100 GHz and beyond – that includes compatible gold and silver conductors, plus co-fired embedded resistors.
The dielectric tape is both cadmium and lead free* and is ideally suited for advanced high frequency applications, wireless and mobile communications, and high density multilayer interconnects for high speed digital applications.
Benefits of GreenTape™ 9K7:
- Superior high frequency performance
- Demonstrated reliability
- Smaller package size
- Stable in harsh environments
- Controlled impedance structures
- Thermal management
- Lower total system cost
- High volume manufacturing
- Compatible with plating
- Stable mechanical, electrical and thermal properties
These properties make GreenTape™ 9K7 a unique solution for leading edge applications requiring RF and microwave frequencies, such as Bluetooth, radar systems, and transceivers.
Additionally, all components of the DuPont™ GreenTape™ 9K7 LTCC system are compatible to facilitate their introduction into the manufacturing process.
- Component integration – buried resistors, capacitors, and inductors
- Integral shielding/ground
- Flip chip, chip & wire, solder attach
- Mixed analog, RF, digital
- Hermetic packaging with low temperature (<500°C) brazing performance
- High density interconnections
- Co-fire processing and re-fire stability
The GreenTape™ 9K7 family of products includes gold and silver systems. Tapes are available in several thicknesses, can be configured for cavities and cutouts, and feature controlled shrinkage.
As with its other material solutions, DuPont offers comprehensive prototyping, high frequency design, and support.
For system integrators and OEMs
DuPont™ GreenTape™ 9K7 is ideal for electronic system designs which need to deliver a high density, low loss, cost effective interconnect and packaging solution that performs with exceptionally high reliability.
Benefits versus not-in-kind organic laminates include:
- Higher routing density
- Reduction in footprint (often exceeding 20%)
- Embedded resistor capability
- Hermetic package
- Up to 80% better temperature coefficient of expansion (TCE) match with gallium arsenide and silicon die
More robust in processing, GreenTape™ 9K7 offers a stable dielectric constant even when re-fired, which translates into consistently higher yields for final circuits.
Processing advantages versus other merchant tape systems include:
- Approximately 25% lower loss
- A 10 – 15% increase in mechanical strength
- Significantly improved re-fire (6X) stability of dielectric constant and surface roughness
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
The DuPont™ GreenTape™ 951 low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) material system combines the benefits of multilayer co-fired ceramic and thick film technologies to meet the increasing demand for reliable electronics functioning in extreme heat and other harsh environments.
Product Data Sheets (10)
- 5876 Ag/AgCl Composition (PDF)
- DuPont™ GreenTape™ 9K7 (PDF)
- LL500 Cofired Au Via Fill (PDF)
- LL505 Cofired, Wire bondable Au Conductor (PDF)
- LL507 Cofired, Wire bondable Au Conductor (PDF)
Additional Information (1)
* “Lead free” as used herein means that lead is not an intentional ingredient in and is not intentionally added to the referenced products. Trace amounts however may be present.