Comprehensive Food Protection Solutions
With consumer concerns about food safety and quality clearly driving today’s buying decisions, manufacturers need food protection solutions that are effective and efficient.
Controlling a broad variety of microorganisms is a major challenge in complex food systems sold via long supply chains. Food protection covers a combination of physical, chemical and biological hurdles to control both spoilage and pathogenic microorganisms and extend shelf life while complying with microbial safety policies.
DuPont offers a broad range of food protection products to help you meet the rigorous standards of your food safety programs with speed, efficiency and efficacy.
Our user-friendly food diagnostic systems, based on molecular biotechnology, include the BAX® System for accurate, reliable pathogen testing and the RiboPrinter® System for monitoring your microbial environment.
And for formulation needs, the Danisco® line of premier protective cultures, along with blends that combine natural ingredients with well-defined antimicrobial or antioxidative functionality, help reduce unwanted bacteria and extend the shelf life of your products.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Local Food Systems
- Faster, More Accurate Food Safety Tests
- Collaborating for Food Protection
- Easy Pathogen Detection with BAX® System
- JIFSAN uses the BAX® System to educate industry and government personnel
- BAX® System Helps Svenska Tighten Control on Salmonella
- Finding the Right Starter Culture with RiboPrinter®
- Avoid the Confusion of Cross Contamination with RiboPrinter®
- RiboPrinter® System Tracks Bad Beer To Tap Contamination
- Understand the Source of Contamination with RiboPrinter® System
- Protecting Your Company with RiboPrinter® System
- Definitive DNA Typing with RiboPrinter® System
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Cheese Packaging
European packaging converter WipakGryspeert uses DuPont™ Bynel® in foam trays for a more efficient, flexible, and fresher packaging solution for meat, seafood and ready-to-eat meals.
An Italian packaging converter uses DuPont™ Appeel® for a reliable, easy-to-peel, tamper-evident packaging solution for ice cream.
- AOAC-RI Extends Validation for BAX® System Real-Time PCR Assay for Salmonella
- Smaller-Footprint BAX® System Instrument to be Introduced at IAFP Annual Meeting July 25-28
- DuPont Nutrition & Health Signs Agreement with Eurofins Microbiology Laboratories, Inc.
- DuPont will collaborate with Eurofins as part of Detect + Protect Services
- BAX® System AOAC-RI Validation Extended for Faster Listeria Detection
- DuPont Diagnostics Announces VWR as Exclusive U.S. Distributor
DuPont at Food Vision Summit 2013
DuPont Nutrition & Health, a global leader in healthy, nutritious food ingredients and molecular diagnostic solutions, will participate as a leading sponsor of the industry-first Food Vision Summit, scheduled for March 20 to 22, 2013 in Cannes, France.
Health Ingredients Europe 2012
For the first time since acquiring full ownership of Solae, DuPont will showcase its broad portfolio of nutritional ingredients and solutions for food and beverage makers at HiE in Messe Frankfurt, in November.
- Health Canada Extends DuPont™ BAX® System Certification for E. coli O157:H7
- BAX® System Certified by AOAC for Faster 22-Hour Listeria Detection
- AOAC Certifies BAX® System Real-Time Listeria Test
- AOAC Certifies BAX® System STEC assays