Velpar® L Controls Smutgrass, Other Problem Weeds in Perennial Grass
Velpar® L controls smutgrass, an invasive bunch grass that is one of the most problematic weeds in perennial grass pastures, plus other tough weeds in established bermudagrass and bahiagrass stands.
Velpar® L also controls little barley, barnyardgrass, dogfennel, fescue, lespedeza, maypop (passionflower), oxalis, pepperweed and pigweed. When quality forage is in short supply, Velpar® L offers growers a critical advantage in being able to graze or use hay more quickly. Livestock can be grazed on pasture immediately following a broadcast application and treated acres may be cut, dried and fed just 38 days after application. For non-crop and forestry sites, Velpar® L controls key weeds as well as brush and trees.
Additional Information (6)
- DuPont Portfolio of Range & Pasture Products (PDF)
- Calibration and User Guide: Non-Crop Herbicide Applications (PDF)
- Better Pasture: Winning “Weed Wars” (PDF)
- Smutgrass Control In Pasture With Velpar® Herbicides In Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana And Mississippi (PDF)
- Blueberries (PDF)
- Gun Down Brush In Range And Pasture (PDF)
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.