Extreme Versatility and Thermal Performance Provides Unlimited Potential
From the circuits in the cameras on space missions to the next generation of photovoltaic cells, DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films are helping make extraordinary new design possibilities actually happen.
For applications where extremes of heat and vibration are the norm, designers rely on Kapton® because of its ability to maintain its unique combination of mechanical properties under the harshest of conditions.
DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films have set the industry standard for over 45 years in high performance, reliability and durability, with a unique combination of electrical, thermal, chemical and mechanical properties that withstand extreme temperature, vibration and other demanding environments.
DuPont announced today that it has expanded its worldwide patent estate related to DuPont™ Kapton® black polyimide film, and DuPont™ Pyralux® black flexible circuit material, both sought after for applications such as mobile devices, computers, automotive and military electronics.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
DuPont™ Kapton® B polyimide film exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties over a wide temperature range, with superior dimensional stability at elevated temperatures.
- Kapton® MT+
DuPont™ Kapton® 150PRN411 is ideal for insulating copper conductor used in high temperature magnet wire applications.
- Kapton® RS
DuPont™ Kapton® FN is a general purpose HN film that is coated or laminated on one or both sides with Teflon® FEP fluoropolymer.
Kapton® FCRC combines corona resistant polyimide film with a heat fusible FEP fluoropolymer film. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies vs conventional insulation materials.
Kapton® corona resistant film withstands the damaging effects of corona discharge. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies versus conventional insulation materials.
Kapton® HN is the recommended choice for applications that require an all-polyimide film with an excellent balance of properties over a wide range of temperatures.
Kapton® PV9100 Series
Kapton® polyimide film is widely used as a dielectric substrate for its high temperature resistance, self extinguishing burn characteristics, toughness and flexibility.
- Kapton® MT
Kapton® GS film has been specifically designed and manufactured to expand the processing window and improve yields during artificial graphite sheet production.
Kapton® FCR is a state-of-the-art wire insulation that will withstand corona discharge while delivering improved long term performance, cost effectively.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Kapton® multi-layer insulation films protect NOAA satellite
- Kapton® Plays Important Role on Rosetta Mission
- Kapton® for Improved Motor & Generator Performance
- Kapton® film Offers Reliability in Seat Sensor Applications
- Kapton® Primary Electrical Insulation in Aerospace Applications
- Safer Gas Connections Thanks to Kapton®
- DuPont Electronic Materials Go to Mars and Beyond
- Kapton® PST for Pressure Sensitive Tape Industry
- Kapton® for Aircraft Thermal/Acoustic Insulation Systems
- Kapton® EN Chosen for L’Garde Solar Sail
- Kapton® RS All Polyimide Heater Keeps Phone Batteries Warm in Cold Weather
- Kapton FN for Winding Wire Insulation Systems in Eurotram Engines
- Kapton® Keeps Steel Billet Mill Motor Running 24 hours a day
- Kapton® FWR for "Stirrer Motors" in Mining Industry
- Kapton® for Traction Motors - 100 Million Km and Still Going
Bar Code Labels of DuPont™ Kapton®
Kapton® label stocks endure the most hostile environments without overlamination.