Extreme Versatility and Thermal Performance Provides Unlimited Potential
From the circuits in the cameras on space missions to the next generation of photovoltaic cells, DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films are helping make extraordinary new design possibilities actually happen.
For applications where extremes of heat and vibration are the norm, designers rely on Kapton® because of its ability to maintain its unique combination of mechanical properties under the harshest of conditions.
DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films have set the industry standard for over 45 years in high performance, reliability and durability, with a unique combination of electrical, thermal, chemical and mechanical properties that withstand extreme temperature, vibration and other demanding environments.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Kapton® MT
Kapton® PV9100 Series
Kapton® polyimide film is widely used as a dielectric substrate for its high temperature resistance, self extinguishing burn characteristics, toughness and flexibility.
Kapton® FCRC combines corona resistant polyimide film with a heat fusible FEP fluoropolymer film. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies vs conventional insulation materials.
DuPont™ Kapton® FN is a general purpose HN film that is coated or laminated on one or both sides with Teflon® FEP fluoropolymer.
Kapton® corona resistant film withstands the damaging effects of corona discharge. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies versus conventional insulation materials.
DuPont™ Kapton® 150PRN411 is ideal for insulating copper conductor used in high temperature magnet wire applications.
DuPont™ Kapton® B polyimide film exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties over a wide temperature range, with superior dimensional stability at elevated temperatures.
Kapton® HN is the recommended choice for applications that require an all-polyimide film with an excellent balance of properties over a wide range of temperatures.
DuPont™ Kapton® FPC polyimide film is treated on both sides with excellent balance of physical, chemical and electrical properties over a wide temperature range.
In applications where low shrinkage and superior adhesion are important, Kapton® HPP-ST is the polyimide film of choice.
DuPont Kapton® CR polyimide film was developed specifically to withstand the damaging effects of “corona,” which can cause ionization and eventual breakdown of an insulation material or system when the voltage stress reaches a critical level.
Kapton® FCR is a state-of-the-art wire insulation that will withstand corona discharge while delivering improved long term performance, cost effectively.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Kapton® for Improved Motor & Generator Performance
- Kapton® Plays Important Role on Rosetta Mission
- Kapton® Primary Electrical Insulation in Aerospace Applications
- Restoring the Apollo Telescope Mount
- Safer Gas Connections Thanks to Kapton®
- Kapton® film Offers Reliability in Seat Sensor Applications
- DuPont Electronic Materials Go to Mars and Beyond
- Kapton® PST for Pressure Sensitive Tape Industry
- Kapton® for Aircraft Thermal/Acoustic Insulation Systems
- DuPont Materials Enables Advanced Technology in Hypothermia Prevention
- Kapton® EN Chosen for L’Garde Solar Sail
- Kapton FN for Winding Wire Insulation Systems in Eurotram Engines
- Kapton® Keeps Steel Billet Mill Motor Running 24 hours a day
- Kapton® FWR for "Stirrer Motors" in Mining Industry
- Kapton® for Traction Motors - 100 Million Km and Still Going
Bar Code Labels of DuPont™ Kapton®
Kapton® label stocks endure the most hostile environments without overlamination.