Extreme Versatility and Thermal Performance Provides Unlimited Potential
From the circuits in the cameras on space missions to the next generation of photovoltaic cells, DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films are helping make extraordinary new design possibilities actually happen.
For applications where extremes of heat and vibration are the norm, designers rely on Kapton® because of its ability to maintain its unique combination of mechanical properties under the harshest of conditions.
DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films have set the industry standard for over 45 years in high performance, reliability and durability, with a unique combination of electrical, thermal, chemical and mechanical properties that withstand extreme temperature, vibration and other demanding environments.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
DuPont™ Kapton® FN is a general purpose HN film that is coated or laminated on one or both sides with Teflon® FEP fluoropolymer.
Kapton® corona resistant film withstands the damaging effects of corona discharge. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies versus conventional insulation materials.
DuPont™ Kapton® 150PRN411 is ideal for insulating copper conductor used in high temperature magnet wire applications.
DuPont™ Kapton® B polyimide film exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties over a wide temperature range, with superior dimensional stability at elevated temperatures.
Kapton® FCRC combines corona resistant polyimide film with a heat fusible FEP fluoropolymer film. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies vs conventional insulation materials.
Kapton® PV9100 Series
Kapton® polyimide film is widely used as a dielectric substrate for its high temperature resistance, self extinguishing burn characteristics, toughness and flexibility.
DuPont™ Kapton® MT polyimide film is a homogeneous film possessing 3x the thermal conductivity and cut through strength of standard Kapton® HN.
Kapton® HN is the recommended choice for applications that require an all-polyimide film with an excellent balance of properties over a wide range of temperatures.
Kapton® GS film has been specifically designed and manufactured to expand the processing window and improve yields during artificial graphite sheet production.
In applications where low shrinkage and superior adhesion are important, Kapton® HPP-ST is the polyimide film of choice.
DuPont™ Kapton® FPC polyimide film is treated on both sides with excellent balance of physical, chemical and electrical properties over a wide temperature range.
Kapton® FCR is a state-of-the-art wire insulation that will withstand corona discharge while delivering improved long term performance, cost effectively.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Kapton® for Improved Motor & Generator Performance
- Kapton® Plays Important Role on Rosetta Mission
- Kapton® Primary Electrical Insulation in Aerospace Applications
- Safer Gas Connections Thanks to Kapton®
- Kapton® film Offers Reliability in Seat Sensor Applications
- DuPont Electronic Materials Go to Mars and Beyond
- Kapton® PST for Pressure Sensitive Tape Industry
- Kapton® for Aircraft Thermal/Acoustic Insulation Systems
- DuPont Materials Enables Advanced Technology in Hypothermia Prevention
- Kapton® EN Chosen for L’Garde Solar Sail
- Kapton FN for Winding Wire Insulation Systems in Eurotram Engines
- Kapton® Keeps Steel Billet Mill Motor Running 24 hours a day
- Kapton® FWR for "Stirrer Motors" in Mining Industry
- Kapton® for Traction Motors - 100 Million Km and Still Going
Bar Code Labels of DuPont™ Kapton®
Kapton® label stocks endure the most hostile environments without overlamination.