Kapton® Corona Resistant (CR) polyimide film
DuPont Kapton® CR polyimide film was developed specifically to withstand the damaging effects of “corona,” which can cause ionization and eventual breakdown of an insulation material or system when the voltage stress reaches a critical level.
Kapton® corona resistant film is a state of the art polyimide film that withstands the damaging effects of corona discharge. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies versus conventional insulation materials.
Product Data Sheets (1)
- Kapton® for Aircraft Thermal/Acoustic Insulation Systems
- DuPont Materials Enables Advanced Technology in Hypothermia Prevention
- Kapton® EN Chosen for L’Garde Solar Sail
- Kapton FN for Winding Wire Insulation Systems in Eurotram Engines
- Kapton® Keeps Steel Billet Mill Motor Running 24 hours a day
- Kapton® for Traction Motors - 100 Million Km and Still Going
Bar Code Labels of DuPont™ Kapton®
Kapton® label stocks endure the most hostile environments without overlamination.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Kapton® Primary Electrical Insulation in Aerospace Applications
- Kapton® for Improved Motor & Generator Performance
- Kapton® film Offers Reliability in Seat Sensor Applications
- DuPont Electronic Materials Go to Mars and Beyond
- Safer Gas Connections Thanks to Kapton®
- Kapton® PST for Pressure Sensitive Tape Industry
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Kapton® PV9100 Series
Kapton® polyimide film is widely used as a dielectric substrate for its high temperature resistance, self extinguishing burn characteristics, toughness and flexibility.
Kapton® FCRC combines corona resistant polyimide film with a heat fusible FEP fluoropolymer film. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies vs conventional insulation materials.
DuPont™ Kapton® FN is a general purpose HN film that is coated or laminated on one or both sides with Teflon® FEP fluoropolymer.
Kapton® corona resistant film withstands the damaging effects of corona discharge. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies versus conventional insulation materials.
DuPont™ Kapton® B polyimide film exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties over a wide temperature range, with superior dimensional stability at elevated temperatures.
Kapton® HN is the recommended choice for applications that require an all-polyimide film with an excellent balance of properties over a wide range of temperatures.
- Kapton® MT
DuPont™ Kapton® FPC polyimide film is treated on both sides with excellent balance of physical, chemical and electrical properties over a wide temperature range.
In applications where low shrinkage and superior adhesion are important, Kapton® HPP-ST is the polyimide film of choice.
Kapton® FCR is a state-of-the-art wire insulation that will withstand corona discharge while delivering improved long term performance, cost effectively.
Kapton® GS film has been specifically designed and manufactured to expand the processing window and improve yields during artificial graphite sheet production.
Kapton® PST is a tough film that exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical and electrical properties over a wide temperature range, particularly at unusually high temperatures.