Kapton® FCR Advanced Magnet Wire Insulation
Kapton® FCR is a state-of-the-art wire insulation that will withstand corona discharge while delivering improved long term performance, cost effectively.
Kapton® FCR is used as a cost-effective wire insulation that helps reduce thermal upsets and partial discharge. Motors and generators insulated with FCR can deliver improved service life and operational efficiency versus conventional insulation.
- Large industrial motors
- Traction motors
For additional information on Kapton® FCR, view product bulletin.
Product Data Sheets (1)
- Kapton® RS All Polyimide Heater Keeps Phone Batteries Warm in Cold Weather
- Kapton® for Aircraft Thermal/Acoustic Insulation Systems
- DuPont Materials Enables Advanced Technology in Hypothermia Prevention
- Kapton® EN Chosen for L’Garde Solar Sail
- Kapton FN for Winding Wire Insulation Systems in Eurotram Engines
- Kapton® for Traction Motors - 100 Million Km and Still Going
Bar Code Labels of DuPont™ Kapton®
Kapton® label stocks endure the most hostile environments without overlamination.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Kapton® film Offers Reliability in Seat Sensor Applications
- Kapton® Primary Electrical Insulation in Aerospace Applications
- DuPont Electronic Materials Go to Mars and Beyond
- Safer Gas Connections Thanks to Kapton®
- Kapton® for Improved Motor & Generator Performance
- Kapton® PST for Pressure Sensitive Tape Industry
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Kapton® RS
DuPont™ Kapton® B polyimide film exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties over a wide temperature range, with superior dimensional stability at elevated temperatures.
DuPont™ Kapton® FN is a general purpose HN film that is coated or laminated on one or both sides with Teflon® FEP fluoropolymer.
Kapton® HN is the recommended choice for applications that require an all-polyimide film with an excellent balance of properties over a wide range of temperatures.
Kapton® corona resistant film withstands the damaging effects of corona discharge. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies versus conventional insulation materials.
Kapton® FCRC combines corona resistant polyimide film with a heat fusible FEP fluoropolymer film. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies vs conventional insulation materials.
Kapton® PV9100 Series
Kapton® polyimide film is widely used as a dielectric substrate for its high temperature resistance, self extinguishing burn characteristics, toughness and flexibility.
DuPont™ Kapton® 150PRN411 is ideal for insulating copper conductor used in high temperature magnet wire applications.
- Kapton® MT
DuPont Kapton® CR polyimide film was developed specifically to withstand the damaging effects of “corona,” which can cause ionization and eventual breakdown of an insulation material or system when the voltage stress reaches a critical level.
DuPont™ Kapton® FPC polyimide film is treated on both sides with excellent balance of physical, chemical and electrical properties over a wide temperature range.
In applications where low shrinkage and superior adhesion are important, Kapton® HPP-ST is the polyimide film of choice.