Unlimited Freedom in Cosmetic Packaging Design
DuPont resins, design and development expertise and global support inspire customers to give cosmetic and personal care packaging a total makeover.
No matter the use or application, DuPont resins deliver virtually limitless choices of shapes and visual effects that can enhance almost any cosmetic packaging design. Our high-performance resins also help brand owners, converters, and equipment manufacturers fulfill on the need for packaging to be durable and sustainable.
A Wide Variety of Packaging Uses
DuPont resins are ideal for use in cosmetic packaging design applications that need:
- DuPont™ Surlyn® 3D Containers: Considered a genuine breakthrough in the market, Surlyn® 3D over-molding technology offers greater design freedom for luxury packaging.
- Caps and Closures: With its glass-like effects and shapes that are pleasing to touch, DuPont™ Surlyn® ionomer resin is the cost-effective way to create designs as diverse as an intricate petal shape, a matte-metallized lipstick cap, or a thick-walled closure.
- Jars and Casings: DuPont™ Surlyn® combines aesthetics and function to create luxury packaging products including cream jars, inner glass containers, body-care containers, and more.
• Compact Cases and Rigid Containers: DuPont™ Selar® PA delivers a higher standard of aesthetics, sustainability, and performance for compact cases and rigid containers.
- Tubes, Bottles, and Tottles: Body gel tubes, self-standing tottles, and the innovative “bag in the bottle” are just a few packaging examples made with the help of DuPont resins.
A Commitment to Sustainability in Cosmetic Packaging Design
Through comprehensive life cycle analysis, DuPont is committed to reducing the environmental footprint of its packaging resins while also helping customers reduce their own environmental footprints — all without compromising packaging aesthetics and performance.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
DuPont™ Surlyn® sealant resin provides excellent clarity, hot tack, heat seal, and toughness for packaging a variety of foods, as well as pharmaceuticals, household cleaners, and personal care products.
DuPont™ Surlyn® PC injection molding resin and unique Surlyn® 3D overmolding technology offer glass-like clarity and unparalleled design freedom for rigid cosmetic jars and perfume bottles.
DuPont™ Surlyn® blow molding resins provide high gloss, scratch resistance, pleasant touch, and squeezability to cosmetic bottles and transparent tottles for lip gloss.
DuPont™ Surlyn® extrusion resin provides toughness, durability, and abrasion and chemical resistance for demanding applications, including shock tubes for mining and construction to snowshoes and wake/bodyboards.
DuPont™ Nucrel® AE for LDPE extrusion coating improves foil adhesion when used as an LDPE modifier in pouches and sachets for food oils, snacks, and non-food products.
DuPont™ Nucrel® resin acts as a foil adhesive and heat sealant for beverage packaging, condiment and spice oil sachets, as well as non-food products including toothpaste tubes and cable shielding.
DuPont™ Nucrel® acid copolymer resin is used in metalized building panels, water piping, cable shield and other industrial applications.