Setting High Standards in Pharmaceutical Packaging Materials
DuPont innovative materials, including DuPont™ Surlyn® and DuPont™ Tyvek®, supply a high standard of excellence in medical device and pharmaceutical packaging.
DuPont brings applied science innovation and regulatory knowledge to medical and pharmaceutical packaging materials including structural resins, sealant resins, and microbial barriers.
Two brands are recognized as industry standards. DuPont™ Surlyn® resins are used for forming webs and pouches in medical device packaging, while DuPont™ Tyvek® is used in virtually every form of sterile medical device packaging.
DuPont™ 20 Series resins are used in pharmaceutical bottles, vials, and ampules. DuPont™ Nucrel® is used in individual dose packages, and DuPont™ Elvax® and DuPont™ Elvaloy® AC replace PVC in non-invasive medical tubing and bag applications. DuPont™ Appeel® is used for peelable Tyvek® and blister packaging applications.
The benefits of DuPont medical and pharmaceutical packaging materials include compatibility with many sterilization methods, safety in transit, tamper resistance, and excellent film clarity. All products are manufactured according to rigorous regulatory standards.
- Tyvek® for Sterile Packaging
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- DuPont™ 20 Series Polyethylene Resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Surlyn® Ionomer Resin
- Nucrel® Acid Copolymer Resin
- Selar® Barrier Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin is a fractional melt index low density polyethylene purge compound that contains various additives to assist in purging and cleaning extruders.
Conpol™ Additive Resin
DuPont™ Conpol™ additive resins are designed to modify the surface properties of films or coatings that are made with DuPont™ Surlyn® or DuPont™ Nucrel® resins.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers Solar Radiation Technical Study
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers Perishables Technical Study
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers Pharmaceutical Technical Study
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Medical Packaging Knowledge Center
- Technical Information - Test Results for DuPont™ Tyvek®
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part II A closer look at ASTM international standard test m ethod F2638
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part I The work behind ASTM International Standard Test Me thod F2638
- How Small Is Small? The Effects of Pinholes on Medical Packaging
- Medical Packaging Reference Library
- Guidelines for Printing on Tyvek®
- Packaging Prototypes
- Plastic Processing
- Sustainable Packaging Solutions
- Recyclable Packaging
Environmentally Friendly Packaging
DuPont innovations help manufacturers and designers create cost-effective, environmentally friendly packaging solutions.