Setting High Standards in Pharmaceutical Packaging Materials
DuPont innovative materials, including DuPont™ Surlyn® and DuPont™ Tyvek®, supply a high standard of excellence in medical device and pharmaceutical packaging.
DuPont brings applied science innovation and regulatory knowledge to medical and pharmaceutical packaging materials including structural resins, sealant resins, and microbial barriers.
Two brands are recognized as industry standards. DuPont™ Surlyn® resins are used for forming webs and pouches in medical device packaging, while DuPont™ Tyvek® is used in virtually every form of sterile medical device packaging.
DuPont™ 20 Series resins are used in pharmaceutical bottles, vials, and ampules. DuPont™ Nucrel® is used in individual dose packages, and DuPont™ Elvax® and DuPont™ Elvaloy® AC replace PVC in non-invasive medical tubing and bag applications. DuPont™ Appeel® is used for peelable Tyvek® and blister packaging applications.
The benefits of DuPont medical and pharmaceutical packaging materials include compatibility with many sterilization methods, safety in transit, tamper resistance, and excellent film clarity. All products are manufactured according to rigorous regulatory standards.
Tyvek® for Sterile Packaging
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging provides trusted durable sterile packaging choices.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Medical Packaging Knowledge Center
- Technical Information - Test Results for DuPont™ Tyvek®
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part II A closer look at ASTM international standard test m ethod F2638
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part I The work behind ASTM International Standard Test Me thod F2638
- How Small Is Small? The Effects of Pinholes on Medical Packaging
- Medical Packaging Reference Library
- Guidelines for Printing on Tyvek®
- Packaging Prototypes
- Plastic Processing
- DuPont Packaging Innovation Awards
- Polymer Testing and Packaging Tools
- End-to-End Packaging Development