DuPont is investing more than $30 million in the Tyvek® Medical Packaging Transition Project (MPTP) to ensure continuity and flexibility of future supply. To assist medical device manufacturers with their risk assessments, we post specific Tyvek® transition project information on this website as it becomes available.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Transition Material Property Data
- Transition Protocol Materials Specification and Miscellaneous Properties Data Sheet (English)
- Transition Protocol Materials Specification and Miscellaneous Properties Data Sheet (Metric)
- Tyvek 1073B Current vs. Transition Material Comparisons
- Tyvek 1059B Current vs. Transition Material Comparisons
- Material Sterilization Details
- Specification Properties of 1073B
- Specification Properties of 1059B
- Miscellaneous Properties of 1073B
- Miscellaneous Properties of 1059B
- Microbial Barrier Properties of 1073B and 1059B
- Percent Shrinkage and Gurley Hill Porosity
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry
- Infrared Spectrum "Fingerprinting" via ATR-FTIR
- Hydrostatic Head and Surface Energy
- Dimensional Stability Study
- Particle Generation Properties
Biocompatibility, Food Contact and Pharmacopeia Results
Phantom Protocol Data
Data will be published as available
- Phantom Protocol Test Matrix Status
Developmental Material Data
In addition to Tyvek® transition project data, guidance obtained from regulatory authorities around the world is posted to help medical device manufacturers stay informed.
- Guidance from U.S. F.D.A.
- Updated Guidance from U.S. F.D.A.
- Regulatory Guidance from Japan
- Updated Guidance from Japan
- Summary of Guidance from China, CFDA-Jinan
- Guidance from Health Canada
European Notified Bodies