Tyvek® Rx Newsletter – December 2015
On November 10, 2015, medical device industry professionals gathered in East Lansing, Michigan, to attend the latest in a series of educational seminars hosted by DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection. And there was one surprise guest—Sparty, the beloved mascot from Michigan State University (MSU).
Known as one of the nation’s most famous college mascots, Sparty interjected a wave of excitement when he entered the room. Although Sparty didn’t have time to stay and learn about industry regulations and other important topics that were discussed during the all-day seminar, he was more than happy to pose for some photographs before heading off to his next event.
Educational highlights of this seminar included:
- Overview of Tyvek® for medical packaging applications
- Update on Tyvek® Transition
- Medical packaging industry review, including regulatory and standards updates and a review of recent industry white papers and studies
- Basics of microbial barrier/ingress and a comparison of current microbial barrier test methods
- How to sell the value of packaging within a medical device company
- Packaging engineering and design
In addition to this event in East Lansing, Michigan, the DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection Team held seminars this year in Dallas, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; and the Dominican Republic.
The next seminar will be held on January 20, 2016, at the La Concha Renaissance in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Other dates and venues for seminars in 2016 are being set up now and will be posted at www.tyvek.com as they are scheduled. We hope you will be able to join us at one of these upcoming events.