Tyvek® Rx: August 2014
As part of our commitment to provide timely communications about the DuPont™ Tyvek® Medical Packaging Transition Project (MPTP), we conducted the latest in an ongoing series of webinars on May 7, 2014.
During this webinar, titled “Are You Ready for the DuPont™ Tyvek® Transition?,” our team of experts shared significant amounts of late-breaking news and much-anticipated data. Highlights from this webinar included:
- New regulatory guidance that had just been received from Health Canada and LNE-Gmed, the French Notified Body
- Spider charts and bar graphs showing the effects of sterilization and 1-year accelerated aging on Transition Protocol material vs. current DuPont™ Tyvek®
- Additional data comparing Transition Protocol material to current Tyvek® that was generated per industry request (e.g., particle generation, steam and low-temperature oxidative sterilization behaviors, dimensional stability study and surface energy)
- Initial pre- and post-sterilization MPTP package results, the first in a series of industry summaries
- Discussion of what MDMs can do to be ready, including options for new product qualifications
If you were unable to attend the live event, we encourage you to view it on-demand at http://www.ubmcanon.com/ to learn about these and other important updates. You can also access the latest MPTP data and documents at www.areyouready.tyvek.com to help you prepare for full commercialization of Transition Protocol material in 3Q 2015.