DuPont Polymer Packaging Reduces Cost and Waste
DuPont collaborates with equipment manufacturers, converters, and brand owners to create high-performance packaging structures that help reduce cost and environmental impact.
From keeping food fresh to storing medicines safely, DuPont polymer packaging resins help packages stay secure and intact throughout the distribution chain. And they contribute to reduced packaging, creating less waste.
DuPont offers a range of resins to meet specific needs. Adhesive resins create a strong bond between dissimilar materials, while sealant resins offer leak-free durability. Barrier resins preserve freshness, reduce flavor transfer, and extend shelf life. Modifier resins help improve packaging structure performance. Peelable lidding resins can seal to, and peel off of, almost anything. Resins for molded goods offer outstanding durability and decorating flexibility.
With our unique capabilities, from polymer development, to compounding and processing facilities, to end-use trial runs and testing, we deliver differentiated performance no matter the polymer packaging resin application.
Sign up to receive information from DuPont on our portfolio of packaging resins, as well as upcoming events and other items of interest.
- “Be Surlyn® and Design” Contest Winner
- In GOLDEA ‘The Roman Night’, DuPont™ Surlyn® captures the contrasts of chiaroscuro
- DuPont™ Surlyn® inspires the Haute École d’Art et de Design of Geneva
- Two new grades extend the DuPont™ Surlyn® palette for endless innovation and creativity
- Coverpla plays colourful variations with new DuPont™ Surlyn® caps
- Surlyn® reflects the golden hour for “Terre de Lumière” by L’Occitane
- Light and color for Surlyn® at LuxePack Monaco 2017
- Aptar’s Cosmetic Pumps Made with Crastin® PBT
- DuPont Announces 2017 (29th) Packaging Innovation Award Winners
- DuPont Introduces One-Step Molding Technique for Greater Package Differentiation
- Announcing 2017 DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation Call for Entries
- DuPont™ Surlyn® for the New “eve`laor” Cream Jar
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- DuPont™ 20 Series Polyethylene Resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Surlyn® Ionomer Resin
- Selar® Barrier Resin
- Nucrel® Acid Copolymer Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin is a fractional melt index low density polyethylene purge compound that contains various additives to assist in purging and cleaning extruders.
Conpol™ Additive Resin
DuPont™ Conpol™ additive resins are designed to modify the surface properties of films or coatings that are made with DuPont™ Surlyn® or DuPont™ Nucrel® resins.
- Entira™ Modifier Resin
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Surlyn® for Polymer Modification
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Beverage and Food Packaging Design
- Liquid Packaging Pouches
- Dry Food and Snack Packaging
- Dairy and Cheese Packaging
- Beverage Packaging and Containers
Plastic Closures for Beverages
DuPont™ Elvax® and other resins for beverage plastic closures maintain hermetic seals, preserve flavor, prevent leaks, and make caps and lids easy to open or peel off.
Enhance consumer packaging shelf appeal with lightweight, cost-effective DuPont™ Surlyn® for skin and stretchpackaging films, a great alternative to blister and clamshell packaging.
- Surlyn® 3D Containers
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- Gli Alimenti Airlux Eurovetrocap Cream Bottle
- Sensai The Silk Fragrance Bottle
- Adidas Originals Perfume Bottle
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
An Italian packaging converter uses DuPont™ Appeel® for a reliable, easy-to-peel, tamper-evident packaging solution for ice cream.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
Ceramic Packaging for Meals
French ceramic container maker Poteries Malicornaises uses DuPont™ Nucrel® in ceramic packaging to successfully seal and protect ready-to-eat meals.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Polymer Testing and Packaging Tools
- End-to-End Packaging Development
- Recycled Packaging Containers Win Eco Award
Polymer Compatibilizer Resins Aid Recycling
Adding a polymer compatibilizer between two polymer layers results in finer dispersion, as well as more regular and stable morphologies.
Polyethylene Resin Modifiers
Read about the many uses for DuPont polyethylene resin modifiers.
Anti Static Additives
The direct-feed anti static additives (DuPont™ Entira™ AS resins) can protect packaging aesthetics from dirt and dust pickup, and can reduce static-related hazards in industry.
PVC Formulations with DuPont™ Elvaloy®
Read about sample PVC formulations test results and advantages of using Elvaloy® for improved PVC performance.
Impact Modifiers for Nylon PA
From general-purpose toughness to intermediate and super-tough levels, DuPont nylon impact modifiers meet the unique needs of nylon PA 6 and more.
- Cosmetic Cream Jars
- Electroluminescent Technology in Cosmetics
Lotion Packaging for Pure Ingredients
Lotion packaging with unique inner bag design helps keep out air and contaminants for lotion to remain pure and fresh.
- Bag in Cosmetic Bottles