DuPont Polymer Packaging Reduces Cost and Waste
DuPont collaborates with equipment manufacturers, converters, and brand owners to create high-performance packaging structures that help reduce cost and environmental impact.
From keeping food fresh to storing medicines safely, DuPont polymer packaging resins help packages stay secure and intact throughout the distribution chain. And they contribute to reduced packaging, creating less waste.
DuPont offers a range of resins to meet specific needs. Adhesive resins create a strong bond between dissimilar materials, while sealant resins offer leak-free durability. Barrier resins preserve freshness, reduce flavor transfer, and extend shelf life. Modifier resins help improve packaging structure performance. Peelable lidding resins can seal to, and peel off of, almost anything. Resins for molded goods offer outstanding durability and decorating flexibility.
With our unique capabilities, from polymer development, to compounding and processing facilities, to end-use trial runs and testing, we deliver differentiated performance no matter the polymer packaging resin application.
The DuPont Packaging Sealant Value Estimator (SaVE) helps brand owners and converters evaluate the total costs of flexible packaging that relies on sealing solutions to help protect the contents.
DuPont Sealant Selector Tool takes the mystery ouf of selecting the right packaging sealant.
To help packaging manufacturers choose their best tie resin, DuPont has created a tie resin selector tool.
- DuPont Announces 2015 (27th) Packaging Innovation Award Winners
- Bemis Reclosable, Resealable Cheese Packaging
- Webinar-October 6, 2015: Cosmetics Packaging Solutions for Direct Contact Applications
- Balenciaga Caps and Collars
- 26th (2014) DuPont Packaging Awards Winners
DuPont, Plastics News Survey Finds What Keeps the Plastics Industry up at Night
WILMINGTON, Del., March 23, 2015 – As the tri-annual NPE opens today in Orlando, Fla, many of the 60,000 who registered are dealing with issues like the environment and sustainability, global competition and unstable oil prices, according to a survey of nearly 800 plastics industry professionals.
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Nucrel® Acid Copolymer Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- DuPont™ 20 Series Polyethylene Resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Surlyn® Ionomer Resin
- Selar® Barrier Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin is a fractional melt index low density polyethylene purge compound that contains various additives to assist in purging and cleaning extruders.
Conpol™ Additive Resin
DuPont™ Conpol™ additive resins are designed to modify the surface properties of films or coatings that are made with DuPont™ Surlyn® or DuPont™ Nucrel® resins.
- Entira™ Modifier Resin
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Surlyn® for Polymer Modification
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Beverage and Food Packaging Design
- Liquid Packaging Pouches
- Dry Food and Snack Packaging
- Dairy and Cheese Packaging
- Beverage Packaging and Containers
Plastic Closures for Beverages
DuPont™ Elvax® and other resins for beverage plastic closures maintain hermetic seals, preserve flavor, prevent leaks, and make caps and lids easy to open or peel off.
- Surlyn® 3D Containers
Enhance consumer packaging shelf appeal with lightweight, cost-effective DuPont™ Surlyn® for skin and stretchpackaging films, a great alternative to blister and clamshell packaging.
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- Cartier Flower-Shaped Perfume Bottle Cap
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
An Italian packaging converter uses DuPont™ Appeel® for a reliable, easy-to-peel, tamper-evident packaging solution for ice cream.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
Ceramic Packaging for Meals
French ceramic container maker Poteries Malicornaises uses DuPont™ Nucrel® in ceramic packaging to successfully seal and protect ready-to-eat meals.
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
- Shelf Stable Packaging Using Appeel®
- Wine Closures Replace Cork
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- 2015 Global Food Security Index Shows Improvement
Anti Static Additives
The direct-feed anti static additives (DuPont™ Entira™ AS resins) can protect packaging aesthetics from dirt and dust pickup, and can reduce static-related hazards in industry.
- DuPont™ Elvax® EVA Industrial and Consumer Grades and Selection Guide
- Masterbatch Carrier Resins
- Recycled Packaging Containers Win Eco Award
- DuPont™ Elvax® EVA Packaging Grades and Selection Guide
Polymer Compatibilizer Resins Aid Recycling
Adding a polymer compatibilizer between two polymer layers results in finer dispersion, as well as more regular and stable morphologies.
- End-to-End Packaging Development
- Polymer Testing and Packaging Tools
- Plastic Processing
- Packaging Prototypes
- Packaging Breakthrough Groups