Protect Your Greatest Assets with Personal Protective Equipment
Performing hazardous jobs comes with high levels of uncertainty.
From volatile chemicals to hostile enemies, the brave people who work in these high-stress fields rely on innovative personal protective equipment solutions from DuPont.
The world is changing rapidly. As more nations become industrialized and prosper, they develop a greater need for personal protective equipment. From first responders to industrial workers to warfighters, DuPont provides science-based solutions to address this need for protection.
We understand that those who do the dirty work aren’t made of stone, and we’re committed to providing solutions for keeping them as safe as possible from on-the-job hazards. Our personal protective equipment (PPE) solutions include some of the most trusted brands in the industry: Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic vehicle armor and cut and abrasion protection, Nomex® fiber for flame hazards, Tychem® garments for liquid and gas chemical hazards, and Tyvek® garments for dry particulate hazards. By collaborating with industries, communities, and governments, we can engineer and offer the latest personal protective equipment solutions that can help keep workers safe while they continue changing and improving the world.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Industrial Safety
- Tyvek® for Automotive Painting
- Tyvek® for Painting Applications
- Military Body Armor
- Cleanroom Applications
- Fire Protection
- Arc Protection
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Biological Hazard Protection
- Military Thermal Protection
Chemical Protection for Military
DuPont offers garments that help provide chemical protection for a host of different military hazards. See which Tyvek® and Tychem® garments offer the chemical protection needed for situations such as initial entry, victim rescue, release mitigation, evidence collection, body removal, and site cleanup.
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Protection Solutions announces 2016 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
- DuPont Protection Solutions Expands Research on Tensylon® Armor Solutions
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
- DuPont Launches Next-Generation Multi-Hazard Protection – Nomex® MHP
- DuPont Invests to Protect More People, Processes and the Environment
DuPont Opens Ballistics Testing Facility in Hyderabad, India
DuPont opened its latest ballistics testing facility at the DuPont Knowledge Center in Hyderabad, India.
- DuPont Announces Millionth Vest Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™
- DPT Announces Winners of Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Lab Safety at University of California
- Protecting Those Who Protect Us
- Second Chance Introduces One of the Thinnest & Most Flexible Vests
- Car Armoring for Brazil’s Families
- Better Protection for Protectors
Brief summary of the US EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) "Level's of Protection (LOP)" as applicable to those individuals involved in handling hazardous materials. LOP's are based on the type of respiratory protection required to ensure the safety of the user under the specified conditions of use.
- Understanding Cut Protection
What Keeps You Safe?
“What Keeps You Safe?” PPE videos from DuPont show how heroes in firefighting, military, law enforcement, and emergency response rely on DuPont invention and innovation.
- View PDF | Do I Need Dual Hazard Protection?
NFPA 2113 Overview
NFPA 2113 specifies the minimum selection, care, use, and maintenance requirements for flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel in areas at risk from flash fires or short-duration flame exposure that are compliant with NFPA 2112.
NFPA 2112 Overview
NFPA 2112, the standard on flame-resistant garments for protection of industrial personnel against flash fire, provides minimum requirements for the design, construction, evaluation, and certification of flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel.
Safety & Protection
In the face of growing global industrialization, DuPont takes safety and protection seriously. Learn how DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and workplace safety performance to help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.