Protect Your Greatest Assets with Personal Protective Equipment
Performing hazardous jobs comes with high levels of uncertainty.
From volatile chemicals to hostile enemies, the brave people who work in these high-stress fields rely on innovative personal protective equipment solutions from DuPont.
The world is changing rapidly. As more nations become industrialized and prosper, they develop a greater need for personal protective equipment. From first responders to industrial workers to warfighters, DuPont provides science-based solutions to address this need for protection.
We understand that those who do the dirty work aren’t made of stone, and we’re committed to providing solutions for keeping them as safe as possible from on-the-job hazards. Our personal protective equipment (PPE) solutions include some of the most trusted brands in the industry: Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic vehicle armor and cut and abrasion protection, Nomex® fiber for flame hazards, Tychem® garments for liquid and gas chemical hazards, and Tyvek® garments for dry particulate hazards. By collaborating with industries, communities, and governments, we can engineer and offer the latest personal protective equipment solutions that can help keep workers safe while they continue changing and improving the world.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Industrial Safety
- Tyvek® for Automotive Painting
- Tyvek® for Painting Applications
- Military Body Armor
- Cleanroom Applications
- Fire Protection
- Arc Protection
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Military Thermal Protection
- Biological Hazard Protection
Chemical Protection for Military
DuPont offers garments that help provide chemical protection for a host of different military hazards. See which Tyvek® and Tychem® garments offer the chemical protection needed for situations such as initial entry, victim rescue, release mitigation, evidence collection, body removal, and site cleanup.
- DuPont Launches New Tychem® 2000 SFR Protective Apparel Garments
- DuPont™ Nomex® Marks First 50 Years of Enabling Endless Possibilities
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- DuPont Protection Solutions announces 2016 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
- DuPont Protection Solutions Expands Research on Tensylon® Armor Solutions
- DuPont Announces Launch of DuPont™ Tyvek® 800J
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
DuPont, LION Collaborate to Better Protect Firefighters and First Responders
DuPont and LION have collaborated on a new offering for firefighters and first responders: gear that protects, from the inside-out with the most advanced blends of DuPont™ Kevlar® filament and DuPont™ Nomex® and Kevlar® staple. LION, a global leader in protective gear for first responders, was the first company to adopt new Kevlar® products in blends with Nomex® to provide maximum protection.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Car Armoring for Brazil’s Families
- Cut Test Methods
- Understanding Cut Protection
- New ANSI/ISEA 105 Cut Standard
- New EN 388 Cut Standard
- New Global Standards for Hand Protection
- Prevention and control of the Zika virus disease
Preparing for ISO 16602
Preparing for ISO 16602 offers information about the assessment process, types, classes, and labeling involved in these increasingly prevalent chemical protective clothing standards.
ISO 16602 Overview
ISO 16602 overview from DuPont offers information about the assessment process, types, classes, and labeling, plus a link to FAQ about these increasingly prevalent chemical protective clothing standards.
Brief summary of the US EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) "Level's of Protection (LOP)" as applicable to those individuals involved in handling hazardous materials. LOP's are based on the type of respiratory protection required to ensure the safety of the user under the specified conditions of use.
- WEBINAR: Should Your Workers be Wearing Cut-Resistant Sleeves?
- Webinar: FR Garments: New research uncovers that fabric choice can be the most important factor
Safety & Protection
In the face of growing global industrialization, DuPont takes safety and protection seriously. Learn how DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and workplace safety performance to help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.