Protect Your Greatest Assets with Personal Protective Equipment
Performing hazardous jobs comes with high levels of uncertainty.
From volatile chemicals to hostile enemies, the brave people who work in these high-stress fields rely on innovative personal protective equipment solutions from DuPont.
The world is changing rapidly. As more nations become industrialized and prosper, they develop a greater need for personal protective equipment. From first responders to industrial workers to warfighters, DuPont provides science-based solutions to address this need for protection.
We understand that those who do the dirty work aren’t made of stone, and we’re committed to providing solutions for keeping them as safe as possible from on-the-job hazards. Our personal protective equipment (PPE) solutions include some of the most trusted brands in the industry: Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic vehicle armor and cut and abrasion protection, Nomex® fiber for flame hazards, Tychem® garments for liquid and gas chemical hazards, and Tyvek® garments for dry particulate hazards. By collaborating with industries, communities, and governments, we can engineer and offer the latest personal protective equipment solutions that can help keep workers safe while they continue changing and improving the world.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Industrial Safety
- Tyvek® for Automotive Painting
- Military Body Armor
- Cleanroom Applications
- Tyvek® for Painting Applications
- Fire Protection
- Arc Protection
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Military Thermal Protection
- Biological Hazard Protection
- Chemical Protection for Military
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
- DuPont Announces Winners of the 2017 DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Launches New Tychem® 2000 SFR Protective Apparel Garments
- DuPont™ Nomex® Marks First 50 Years of Enabling Endless Possibilities
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- DuPont Protection Solutions announces 2016 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
- DuPont Protection Solutions Expands Research on Tensylon® Armor Solutions
- DuPont Announces Launch of DuPont™ Tyvek® 800J
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
INFORMATION & IDEAS
To facilitate the choice of mechanical (cut) protective clothing, both the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the European Union (EU) have developed cut standards for selection criteria.
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
NESC® C2 Overview
NESC® C2 sets best practices and rules to protect utility workers in the construction, maintenance, and operation of electric supply and communication lines and equipment.
Durability and Lifecycle of DuPont™ Nomex®
Durable, inherently fire-resistant Nomex® fiber has an excellent wear life and helps contribute to bottom-line savings.
What Keeps You Safe?
“What Keeps You Safe?” PPE videos from DuPont show how heroes in firefighting, military, law enforcement, and emergency response rely on DuPont invention and innovation.
DuPont Supports the National Law Enforcement Museum
DuPont is proud to honor law enforcement officials through sponsorship and support of the National Law Enforcement Museum.
Suited for Space
“Suited for Space,” a DuPont-sponsored Smithsonian exhibition on an extended tour, highlights the history of spacesuits and the importance of many leading DuPont protective materials to space innovation.
Preparing for ISO 16602
Preparing for ISO 16602 offers information about the assessment process, types, classes, and labeling involved in these increasingly prevalent chemical protective clothing standards.
NFPA 2113 Overview
NFPA 2113 specifies the minimum selection, care, use, and maintenance requirements for flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel in areas at risk from flash fires or short-duration flame exposure that are compliant with NFPA 2112.
NFPA 2112 Overview
NFPA 2112, the standard on flame-resistant garments for protection of industrial personnel against flash fire, provides minimum requirements for the design, construction, evaluation, and certification of flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel.
- Car Armoring for Brazil’s Families
Flame-Resistant Technologies – FRT vs. Inherent
What are the differences between “inherent” and “treated” flame resistant fabrics? Learn how each fabric reacts when exposed to heat, and when flame-resistant properties can be removed.
Safety & Protection
In the face of growing global industrialization, DuPont takes safety and protection seriously. Learn how DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and workplace safety performance to help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.