Tychem® 9000 — An Extra Element of Protection
Backed by extensive fabric permeation barrier testing, Tychem® 9000 helps give first responders an increased level of protection when facing chemical challenges.
A multi-layer barrier film laminated to a strong, nonwoven substrate, Tychem® 9000 is strong and durable for consistent and lasting protection. Tychem® Tychem® 9000 611T is certified to NFPA 1994 Class 2 and NFPA 1992, Tychem® 9000 has the backing of extensive permeation data by an independent lab on more than 280 chemical challenges. So for those facing the challenges of chemical handling and petrochemical manufacturing, it provides broad and proven protection.
- Provides at least 30 minutes of protection against over 280 chemical challenges
- Used by many in the chemical handling and petrochemical manufacturing
- Available in high-visibility yellow
- Apparel is available as coveralls, encapsulated suits and hoods.
View some of the most frequently asked questions DuPont receives about chemical protective garments.
Product Data Sheets (4)
- DuPont Personal Protection Product Part Numbers (PDF)
- NFPA 1994 Class 2 Certified Tychem® 9000 (PDF)
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Brief summary of the US EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) "Level's of Protection (LOP)" as applicable to those individuals involved in handling hazardous materials. LOP's are based on the type of respiratory protection required to ensure the safety of the user under the specified conditions of use.