Tychem® ThermoPro – Triple Threat Protection in 1 Garment
A single-layer garment, Tychem® ThermoPro offers triple-hazard protection from liquid-chemical splash, flash fire, and electric arc.
Tychem® ThermoPro coveralls combine the trusted chemical protection of Tychem® fabric and flame protection of Nomex® fiber in a single-layer garment. Proven protection, Tychem® ThermoPro garments meet the requirements of NFPA 1992 Standard on Liquid-Splash Protective Ensembles and Clothing for Hazardous Materials Emergencies and NFPA 2112, Standard on Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel against Flash Fire. Tychem® ThermoPro also exceeds the Hazard Risk Category 2 requirement of 8 cal/cm2 outlined in NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. No wonder many industrial workers and HAZMAT responders turn to these coveralls for protection. Tychem® ThermoPro fabrics are tested by a third party laboratory to assess its chemical permeation resistance. DuPont has data for over 200 chemicals for Tychem® ThermoPro in SafeSPEC™ 2.0 so that the user can select an appropriate garment.
- Provides at least 30 minutes of protection against over 180 chemical challenges plus the added benefit of electric arc, and flash fire burn injury protection
- Utilized and relied on by industrial workers and HAZMAT responders Available in orange for high visibility and gray for low visibility
View some of the most frequently asked questions DuPont receives about chemical protective garments.
Product Data Sheets (4)
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Brief summary of the US EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) "Level's of Protection (LOP)" as applicable to those individuals involved in handling hazardous materials. LOP's are based on the type of respiratory protection required to ensure the safety of the user under the specified conditions of use.
- View PDF | FR Garment Comfort: Explaining the Mystery
- View PDF | The 3 Second Myth: FR Compliance vs. Protection
- View PDF | Your Safety is Nothing to Experiment With: Got PPE?
- View PDF | Do I Need Dual Hazard Protection?
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Safety
- Biological Hazard Protection
Chemical Protection for Military
DuPont offers garments that help provide chemical protection for a host of different military hazards. See which Tyvek® and Tychem® garments offer the chemical protection needed for situations such as initial entry, victim rescue, release mitigation, evidence collection, body removal, and site cleanup.