Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Delrin® acetal resin
- Vespel® Parts & Shapes
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts
- Zytel® nylon resin
- Rynite® PET Polyester Resin
- Hytrel® TPC-ET thermoplastic polyester elastomer
- Crastin® PBT Thermoplastic Polyester Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- Cartier Flower-Shaped Perfume Bottle Cap
High-Performance Roofing at Universal Studios
The installation of more than 40 high-performance roofing at Universal Studios reduces the destructive force of intense UV concentrations and extreme heat produced by the Florida sun.
- 30 years of Innovation CVJ Boots of Hytrel®
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
Chemical Resistance of DuPont™ Elvaloy® KEE
Products made with Elvaloy® KEE have shown chemical resistance, being used successfully for many years in a variety of chemical environments.
- Low-weight Nylon for Efficient Autos
- Attributes of Elvaloy® RET 5160 and 5170 Asphalt Modifiers
- High Performance Polymers
- Supporting Sustainable Mobility
Innovation Centers Featuring Polymers
DuPont Performance Polymers brings global knowledge to local application development at innovation center facilities located in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Low-Friction Mechanical Plastics
DuPont™ Vespel® parts and shapes and DuPont™ Delrin® acetal resin are high-strength, low-friction mechanical plastics that deliver performance for automotive, consumer, and industrial applications.
- Material Handling Systems & Conveyors
Inventing the Future of Plastics
DuPont discoveries have continually reshaped the plastics industry, from Neoprene to Nylon, to a series of innovative plastics, including the high-performance, renewably-sourced choices available today.
- CV Joint Boot Performance
- Environmental Communication
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Medical Device Materials
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Electrical & Electronic Plastics
- High Pressure Seals
- Centrifugal Pump Parts