Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts
- Delrin® acetal resin
- Vespel® Parts & Shapes
- Rynite® PET Polyester Resin
- Crastin® PBT Thermoplastic Polyester Resin
- Hytrel® TPC-ET thermoplastic polyester elastomer
- Zytel® nylon resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
High-Performance Roofing at Universal Studios
The installation of more than 40 high-performance roofing at Universal Studios reduces the destructive force of intense UV concentrations and extreme heat produced by the Florida sun.
- 30 years of Innovation CVJ Boots of Hytrel®
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Kalrez® parts in API Handling Processes
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
Chemical Resistance of DuPont™ Elvaloy® KEE
Products made with Elvaloy® KEE have shown chemical resistance, being used successfully for many years in a variety of chemical environments.
- Low-weight Nylon for Efficient Autos
- Attributes of Elvaloy® RET 5160 and 5170 Asphalt Modifiers
- Kalrez® Composite Seals
- Acetal Gears Demonstrate Drivetrain Performance
- Vamac® Grade Selection
Zytel® PLUS Performance Data
Zytel® PLUS nylon has the ability to retain properties after heat aging or long term exposure to hot oil and hot water, allows longer part service time, better reliability, and invites more opportunity to replace costly metals or specialty polymers to reduce part cost and lower mass.
- Trends in Photovoltaic Production
- Solar Junction Box Materials
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.
- Polymer Properties Guide
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Medical Device Materials
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Polymers for Oil and Gas
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems