Because You Imagined... Custom-Designed High Performance, Right at the Core
Tailored solutions for tomorrow's electric car
High Performance Materials for Electric Cars [Video]
Tomorrow’s electric car goes well beyond futuristic good looks. DuPont works closely with partners to engineer solutions to the most cutting-edge challenges, right across the spectrum of automobile types: from HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle), PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle), EV (Electric Vehicle), LVS-EV (Low Voltage System- Electric Vehicle) to FCV (Fuel Cell Vehicle).
It all starts with your vision and needs: to save space, make cars lighter, integrate parts, drive down costs. We custom-design materials and processes to drive that vision and shape the design concept through our novel products.
The result? Custom-designed high performance, right at the core, offering more flexible design, space savings, improved reliability, lower costs, easier manufacturing, and lighter cars.
- xEV connectors between the motor, inverter and battery: smaller, lighter parts and lower creepage with DuPont™ Crastin® resin and DuPont™ Zytel® HTN resin
- High voltage cables both built into cars and supplying power externally: better resistance to temperatures, chemicals, and wear-and-tear, cost-efficiency, and ease of assembly and handling with DuPont™ Vamac® elastomer
- xEV battery seals: better sealing, cost-efficiency, and design freedom with DuPont™ Zytel® 66GR resin and Laser Transmittant Welding technology
- Doors and battery cases: significant weight reduction with DuPont™ Vizilon™ thermoplastic composite
- Motor and inverter applications that require better CTI and toughness than with PPS: better performance and cost-efficiency with Zytel® HTN resin
For both general EV, plus HEV and LVS-EV systems with conventional engines, here’s how DuPont gives shape to ideas:
- Air and LLC ducting: Better integrated parts, higher reliability and lower costs with Zytel® 66GR/HTN/LCPA resins and 3D blow molding technology.
And for HEV and LVS-EV systems:
- Engine head covers: Better resistance to rays during processing and greater design freedom with Zytel® 66GR resin and Laser Transmittant Welding technology
This is where advanced engineering, know-how, and collaborative partnerships meet pure performance.
Because You Imagined... custom-designed high performance, right at the core.
Giving Shape to Smart Ideas. That’s what DuPont can do with you.