Proven Ethylene Copolymers Deliver Versatile, Cost-Effective Performance
Application-specific DuPont ethylene copolymers range from soft-touch to super-tough and can be tailored to meet new protection needs.
From food packaging that’s thinner and clearer to roads that last longer to golf balls that play better, DuPont ethylene copolymers deliver proven performance in hundreds of ways.
For decades DuPont has produced hundreds of ready-to-use ethylene copolymers. And with our application development expertise, new ethylene copolymers can be rapidly and cost-effectively developed for new uses.
DuPont ethylene copolymers can be processed to provide characteristics ranging from soft touch to super-tough, from crystal-clear to modified and filled. Ethylene copolymers can also deliver better sound deadening and more reliable sealing and adhesion.
Plus, cost advantages can be gained through faster processing speeds, better cold-temperature performance, and better heat and oil resistance.
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- DuPont™ 20 Series Polyethylene Resin
- Surlyn® Ionomer Resin
- Nucrel® Acid Copolymer Resin
- Entira™ Modifier Resin
- Selar® Barrier Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin is a fractional melt index low density polyethylene purge compound that contains various additives to assist in purging and cleaning extruders.
Conpol™ Additive Resin
DuPont™ Conpol™ additive resins are designed to modify the surface properties of films or coatings that are made with DuPont™ Surlyn® or DuPont™ Nucrel® resins.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Surlyn® for Polymer Modification
Enhance consumer packaging shelf appeal with lightweight, cost-effective DuPont™ Surlyn® for skin and stretchpackaging films, a great alternative to blister and clamshell packaging.
- Surlyn® 3D Containers
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Beverage and Food Packaging Design
- Beverage Packaging and Containers
Plastic Closures for Beverages
DuPont™ Elvax® and other resins for beverage plastic closures maintain hermetic seals, preserve flavor, prevent leaks, and make caps and lids easy to open or peel off.
- Liquid Packaging Pouches
- Dry Food and Snack Packaging
- Dairy and Cheese Packaging
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- High-Performance Roofing at Universal Studios
- Montana Highways Combat Damage from Extreme Temperatures
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
Ceramic Packaging for Meals
French ceramic container maker Poteries Malicornaises uses DuPont™ Nucrel® in ceramic packaging to successfully seal and protect ready-to-eat meals.
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Shelf Stable Packaging Using Appeel®
- Wine Closures Replace Cork
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Polymer Testing and Packaging Tools
Bending Beam Tests | Asphalt Fatigue Cracking
Bending beam tests demonstrate cold-temperature performance.
Analysis of Thermoplastics in PVC Pipe Liners
DuPont Senior Technical Specialist, E. R. Griffin, analyzes thermoplastics used in fold-and-form PVC pipe liners.
- Composite Building Panels with HFFR Core Layer
- Where Does Elvaloy® RET Improve Pavement Performance
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Information for Engineers/Specifiers
- Fatigue Cracking | Technical Information
- Anti-Strip Resistance | Properties of Asphalt Binder
- PE-Aluminum Adhesive with Bynel®
- Impact Modifier Resins
- Recycled Packaging Containers Win Eco Award
PVC Modified Polymers in ABS and Polyesters
DuPont™ Elvaloy® PVC modified polymers are highly miscible in PVC, offering opportunities for PVC-based manufacturers to differentiate product performance and more.