Polymer Modified Asphalt for Better Roads
DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET reactive elastomeric terpolymers are used for polymer modified asphalt to help build roads that last longer or take higher loads without rutting.
DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET is supplied as free-flowing pellets that melt into hot asphalt to create a permanently modified asphaltic (bitumen) binder. An RET-modified asphalt remains easy-to-use, but delivers improved long-term resilience and climate resistance.
Unlike elastomeric additives that are merely mixed or suspended in asphalt, RET locks itself in during a fluid-stage reaction. The enhanced binder stays homogenous, with good aggregate coating and adhesion performance.
Elvaloy® RET for Asphalt Paving (4)
Additional Information (8)
- Attributes of Elvaloy® RET 5160 and 5170 asphalt modifiers (PDF)
- DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET binder modifiers Brochure (PDF)
- DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET: 20 Years of Proven Performance in the World's Most Challenging Asphalt Conditions (PDF)
- Elvaloy® Handling Guide (PDF)
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Bending Beam Tests | Asphalt Fatigue Cracking
Bending beam tests demonstrate cold-temperature performance.
- Where Does Elvaloy® RET Improve Pavement Performance
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Information for Engineers/Specifiers
- Fatigue Cracking | Technical Information
- Anti-Strip Resistance | Properties of Asphalt Binder
- Thermal Cracks | Technical Information
- RET vs. SBS Modified Asphalt | Technical Information
- Reactive Polymer | Technical Information
- Pavement Rutting | Technical Information
- Preventing Pavement Cracks | Technical Information
Multiple Stress Creep Recovery
Multiple stress creep recovery (MSCR) testing helps predict rutting.
Modified Binder Information
For asphalt terminals wanting a fast, easy way to supply modified binder, DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET reactive elastomeric terpolymer can be a smart, profitable choice.
- Montana Highways Combat Damage from Extreme Temperatures
- Asphalt Modifier Provides Rutting Resistance for Roads in Australia
- Runway Paving - Guadalajara Airport - Mexico
- Airport Paving | Magadan, Russia
- Prague Bypass with Elvaloy® RET
- Heavy Truck Pavement at Rock Quarry
- Fuel-Resistant Pavement at Czech Republic Race Track
- Elvaloy® RET Helps Pave World's Highest Road
- Punjab, India, Road Paving - Pave Faster with Less Traffic Disruption
- Oregon DOT Pavement
- GVK Expressway (India) Resists Stripping and Rutting
- Pakistan Motorways Use Latest Bitumen Technology
USES AND APPLICATIONS
Asphalt Paving Modification
Asphalt paving modification with DuPont polymer modifiers delivers long-term resilience and climate resistance.