Using Functional Polymers to Bond Dissimilar Resins
DuPont™ Fusabond® is a family of functional polymers that have been modified (typically by maleic anhydride grafting) to help bond together dissimilar polymers used in toughened, filled and blended compounds.
The functional polymers product line includes modified ethylene acrylate carbon monoxide terpolymers, ethylene vinyl acetates (EVAs), polyethylenes, metallocenepolyethylenes, ethylene propylene rubbers and polypropylenes.
The functional polymers are broken down into the following series:
- Fusabond® P Series functionalized polypropylenes for coupling and adhesion
- Fusabond® N Series nylon modifiers (See also A Series)
- Fusabond® M Series random ethylene copolymers for adhesion
- Fusabond® E Series functionalized ethylene-based modifiers for adhesion
- Fusabond® C Series functionalized ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) based modifiers for adhesion
- Fusabond® A Series functionalized ethylene terpolymers for adhesion
For more information please visit the Fusabond® website.
Product Data Sheets (15)
- Fusabond® A560 Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® C190 Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® C250 Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® E100 Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® E158 Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® E158H Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® E226 Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® E265 Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® E528 Datasheet (PDF)
- Fusabond® E589 Datasheet (PDF)