Molded-In Color High Gloss Resin
Surlyn® Reflections high gloss resin is a thermoplastic alloy made up of ionomer and polyamide, enabling manufacturers to mold tough and durable, high-gloss parts that require no painting.
Surlyn® Reflections high gloss resin offers the following benefits:
- molded-in designer colors
- high-gloss appearance
- exceptional impact and toughness
- resistance to scratches, abrasions, and chemicals
Surlyn® Reflections high gloss resin offers the opportunity for a weatherable part with lower costs and reduced environmental impact. By varying the chemical composition, the properties such as melt flow, impact resistance and chemical resistance will change. Surlyn® Reflections high gloss resin is offered in 5 and 12 melt flow index (MFI) grades. The 5 melt flow grade has balanced flow rate with exceptional cold temperature impact strength. The 12 melt has improved flow for molding more difficult parts where cold temperature impact is less important.
Additional Information (10)
- Disco Purge Resin Transition for Blown Film (PDF)
- Disco Purge Resin Transition Procedure for Cast Film (PDF)
- Disco Purge Resin Transition Procedure for Extrusion Coating (PDF)
- Surlyn® Chemical Resistance Guide (PDF)
- Surlyn® Moisture Protection (PDF)
- Surlyn® Property Grid (PDF)
- Surlyn® Reflections Coating Guide (PDF)