Find A Better Fit With Custom Perfluoroelastomer Parts
Kalrez® custom perfluoroelastomer seals and parts can be made with unusual geometries to match unique sealing applications.
DuPont™ Kalrez® custom perfluoroelastomer parts combine high heat and chemical resistance. With unique, one-of-a-kind fit for superior sealing possibilities, Kalrez® can offer a variety of custom family shapes and standard geometries, including large and small parts. Kalrez® custom seals are available in a variety of compounds depending on the thermal, chemical and plasma resistance required.
Kalrez® custom and composite parts can be designed and molded to highly specific requirements to fit specialized equipment. Kalrez® slabs and sheets are also available in several compounds and sizes, supporting a wide range of flexible applications. Kalrez® parts offer high quality machined and molded prototypes.
Benefits of Kalrez® Custom Seals
- Meets the rigors of AS9100 aerospace standard quality certification; DuPont is a certified designer and manufacturer of seals and sealing devices per AS9100. (Manufacturing facility in Newark, DE)
- Proprietary technology for bonding compounds to a variety of materials, including aluminum, plastic, stainless steel, metal alloys, PEEK, brass, etc. Improves performance, and reduces cost by integrating the seal and substrate into one part.
- Overall, Kalrez® custom seals improve meantime repair, longer life and lower operating costs.
Available For a Range of Uses
Custom perfluoroelastomer parts available include:
- Valve seats
- Packer seals
- Column fittings
- KVSP (Kalrez® Valve Stem Packing Systems)
Types of Shapes
Examples of composite Kalrez® parts include:
- Special profiles and rectangular-shaped seals for slit valves
- Rubber to metal bonding parts, such as bonded door seals and bonded poppets
- Profiled quartz tube seals
- Lip seals
- Other specialized configurations
Expert Support, Including Finite Element Analysis
Advanced Finite Element Analysis (FEA) capabilities are available to help design new seal shapes, optimize compound selection and groove geometry, and model performance of parts in service. Use of FEA can shorten development times and produce innovative solutions for long-term sealing performance.
DuPont Centers of Excellence (COE) give customers the advantage and collaboration through application and testing expertise within our global network.