Polymer Adhesives Keep it all Together
DuPont polymers are often chosen to help stick things together … including other polymers. Polymer adhesives from DuPont are scientifically developed for stronger hold, faster sealing, cleaner peel, or easier coating onto a substrate.
DuPont resins are developed for reliable performance in high-speed laminating or product assembly lines. Some also are found in consumer-level adhesives and hot melts.
DuPont supports leading adhesives formulators, compounders and packaging converters worldwide by providing specialized processing or adhesion properties for specific uses.
Adhesion solutions include:
• self-adhesive heat-seal polymers for hermetic food packaging
• scientifically controlled adhesive polymers for easy-open packaging
• solar panel encapsulants and glass laminating interlayers
• polymer-to-polymer adhesives and “tie layers” for coextrusion
• extrusion-coating adhesives for paper, foil, etc.
• ingredients in white glues, hot melt adhesives, and wax blends
• coupling agents for filled polymers
• binders for paper and textile manufacturing
• peelable and tamper-evident adhesives for lidding
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Recycling Chemical Containers
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Cheese Packaging
European packaging converter WipakGryspeert uses DuPont™ Bynel® in foam trays for a more efficient, flexible, and fresher packaging solution for meat, seafood and ready-to-eat meals.
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Meat Packaging Solutions for Converters
Tie Resin Selector Tool
To help packaging manufacturers choose their best tie resin, DuPont has created a tie resin selector tool.
- Polymer Testing and Packaging Tools
- Packaging Prototypes
- Plastic Processing
- End-to-End Packaging Development
- Six Top Packaging Design Ideas
- Blister Packaging Alternative
Efficient Packaging for Products
DuPont collaborates with customers on efficient packaging that protects products by developing optimal packaging that maximizes effectiveness and environmental efficiency.
- Sustainable Packaging Solutions
Surlyn® for Packaging Downgauging
DuPont™ Surlyn® delivers the strength, stiffness, and extrudability film converters require for packaging downgauging and to optimize use of petroleum-based materials.
- Recyclable Packaging