Polymer Adhesives Keep it all Together
DuPont polymers are often chosen to help stick things together … including other polymers. Polymer adhesives from DuPont are scientifically developed for stronger hold, faster sealing, cleaner peel, or easier coating onto a substrate.
DuPont resins are developed for reliable performance in high-speed laminating or product assembly lines. Some also are found in consumer-level adhesives and hot melts.
DuPont supports leading adhesives formulators, compounders and packaging converters worldwide by providing specialized processing or adhesion properties for specific uses.
Adhesion solutions include:
• self-adhesive heat-seal polymers for hermetic food packaging
• scientifically controlled adhesive polymers for easy-open packaging
• solar panel encapsulants and glass laminating interlayers
• polymer-to-polymer adhesives and “tie layers” for coextrusion
• extrusion-coating adhesives for paper, foil, etc.
• ingredients in white glues, hot melt adhesives, and wax blends
• coupling agents for filled polymers
• binders for paper and textile manufacturing
• peelable and tamper-evident adhesives for lidding
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Recycling Chemical Containers
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Cheese Packaging
European packaging converter WipakGryspeert uses DuPont™ Bynel® in foam trays for a more efficient, flexible, and fresher packaging solution for meat, seafood and ready-to-eat meals.
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Meat Packaging Solutions for Converters
Tie Resin Selector Tool
To help packaging manufacturers choose their best tie resin, DuPont has created a tie resin selector tool.
- Packaging Prototypes
- Plastic Processing
- Six Top Packaging Design Ideas
- Blister Packaging Alternative
- Sustainable Packaging Solutions
- Recyclable Packaging
Environmentally Friendly Packaging
DuPont innovations help manufacturers and designers create cost-effective, environmentally friendly packaging solutions.
Energy Saving Packaging Strategies
DuPont works with converters and brand owners to develop energy saving packaging solutions, from making production and shipping more efficient to reducing power costs.
Efficient Packaging for Products
DuPont collaborates with customers on efficient packaging that protects products by developing optimal packaging that maximizes effectiveness and environmental efficiency.
Surlyn® for Packaging Downgauging
DuPont™ Surlyn® delivers the strength, stiffness, and extrudability film converters require for packaging downgauging and to optimize use of petroleum-based materials.