Crastin® Hydrolysis Resistant Grades
Second Generation of Hydrolysis Resistant Crastin® PBT for Connectors
PBT polybutylene terephthalate, when exposed to heat and humidity, reduces polymer chain length, which eventually causes property loss with time. Crastin® HR (Hydrolysis Resistant) has been designed to ensure maximum product stability, even in extremely severe environments. The extended life time of Crastin® HR is therefore even better suited to meet new customer needs.
DuPont™ Crastin® HR5315HFS, HR5330HFS
While keeping the same properties and hydrolysis resistance performance as the previous Crastin® HR generation, both Crastin® HR5315HFS and Crastin® HR5330HFS have been developed to offer outstanding melt stability during molding. Long-term molding trials as well as extensive customer collaboration, have proven the process flexibility of the new Crastin® HR HFS products versus the existing PBT HR grades on the market. This unique combination allows a wider processing window, including the use of hot-runners and regrind, without sacrificing the best-in-class hydrolysis resistant product properties..Crastin® HR grades allow a high retention of properties when exposed to moisture and high temperatures, even after 3000 hours versus standard glass reinforced PBT.
Crastin® HR HFS Second generation is the industry leading PBT with a CTI of 600V (IEC60112) in the natural and orange Colors. CTI helps determine the minimum required distances between electrical parts when it comes to assessing the electrical safety of an equipment.
Features/Benefits of Crastin® HR HFS Second generation:
- Direct Drop-in solution vs existing Crastin® HR grades
- Unique material offering a perfectly balanced offering of best-in-class hydrolysis protection and improved melt stability
- Increased productivity through wider processing window vs competitive PBT HR resins
- Cost reduction thanks to a regrind level of up to 30%
- Better color stability in demanding processing conditions
- Laser markability (black color)
- Complex shapes with thinner walls, allowing high design flexibility and size reduction (miniaturization)
- Best in Class CTI (600 V for Natural/Orange*Colors) for HR materials