Crastin® Polybutylene Terephthalate For Industrial Applications
DuPont™ Crastin® polybutylene terephthalate PBT resin is available in over 100 grades for cost-effective high performance across a wide range of industrial applications.
Crastin® PBT offers stiffness, toughness as well as excellent electrical insulation properties and beautiful surface finishes.
Crastin® PBT provides excellent dimensional properties and stability versus moisture (from a molding and performance standpoint) and good heat resistance. These properties make it particularly well-suited for lighting bezels, connectors, electrical components, distribution boxes and fiber optic cable jackets. Crastin® PBT is also available in FDA and EU approved grades for food and cosmetics applications.
When designing with products that require electrical insulation systems (EIS), DuPont™ Crastin® PBT meets the most stringent electrical insulation standards. DuPont offers the industry’s largest portfolio of EIS pre-approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) grades and recognized to IEC standards.
DuPont™ Crastin® PBT has superior flow qualities, is easy to process on conventional injection molding machines, and has a wide range of grades designed specifically for low warpage, hydrolysis resistance, and also for blow-molding and extrusion. Latest product families include:
- Crastin® Super Fast grades to enhance the resin flow to extremely high levels
- Crastin® Hydrolysis Resistant polyester to ensure maximum product stability, even in extremely severe environments
DuPont materials science experts can use the properties of Crastin® to help customers gain cost efficiency without compromising on performance.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Medical Device Materials
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Electrical & Electronic Plastics
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Mechanical Gears
- Polymers For Appliances
- Electrical Encapsulation Materials
- Plastics For Sporting Goods
- Innovative Furniture Design
- Food Contact Materials
- Cosmetics Packaging Materials - The Gallery
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Sorona® EP thermoplastic polymer
Sorona® contains 20-37% renewable non-food biomass and offers the strength, stiffness and molding characteristics of high-performance PBT.