DuPont High Performance Polymer Resins for Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
DuPont high performance resins help make photovoltaic (PV) energy more attractive by enabling more durable, efficient, and cost- effective solar panels, structures, and systems.
We offer a range of PV electrical and structural component materials for metal replacement in solar panels, mounting structures, tracker bearings, and other parts.
DuPont UV resistant polymer resins meet all known thermal requirements and deliver long-lasting performance, strength, and endurance in harsh environments for solar junction boxes, inverters, connectors, and cables. In frames and fixations, our resins allow for greater design flexibility for ease of assembly and improved cost of installation, while also eliminating outdoor corrosion issues.
Replacing metal with DuPont performance polymers offers important advantages to PV manufacturers. Our resins are lighter and easier to work with than metal and provide a good balance of mechanical and thermal properties including:
- Higher strength, stiffness and durability
- Low wear/low friction
- UV, electrical and chemical resistance
- High dimensional stability
- High and low temperature resistance
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Better Long-Term PV System Performance and Higher ROI
- The Importance of Selecting the Right Materials for Solar Modules
- Lower Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) through DuPont Innovation
- Investigating Module Performance in a Service Environment
- DuPont Leader Addresses Global Solar Markets, Trends and Opportunities
- Solar Junction Box Materials
USES AND APPLICATIONS
Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
Rynite®, Delrin® Zytel® and other DuPont polymers are UV resistant resin choices used for improved performance and durability in photovoltaic panels, mounting structure components and tracker bearings.