DuPont Photovoltaic R&D Manager, Asia Pacific
Dr. Mike Barker currently manages research and development programs to develop thick film paste compositions for photovoltaic (PV) applications within DuPont Microcircuit Materials, a leading supplier of PV metallization pastes that help boost the efficiency of solar cells and the power output of solar panels.
Dr. Barker joined DuPont in 1989 and has held various positions in laboratories within the electronic and solar areas developing thick film pastes. In 2004, he joined the display group within Microcircuit Materials (MCM). He has been in his current role as R&D manager since 2007.
Dr. Barker earned his Bachelor of Science and Ph.D. in Materials Science at Sheffield University. He is based at the DuPont Kanagawa Science Park laboratory in Kawasaki, Japan.
Areas of expertise:
• Why materials matter in the solar industry
• Regional solar market trends
• Solar technology trends
• Solar cell efficiency and panel power output
• Metallization paste technology
• New solar cell architectures advancing efficiency (LDE, PERC, IBC, n-type)
• Frontside silver metallization paste