When Proven Performance Matters
More than 30 years of proven PV backsheet performance and a history of reducing overall system cost.
System lifetime is key to investment returns. In fact, investment returns for solar can increase by more than 30% if the lifetime of the solar system can be increased from 10 to 25 years. PV backsheets play a critical role, providing long-life protection to the solar panel, which safeguards the system and enables long-term returns.
DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheets have now been tested in the field for more than 30 years in all kinds of climates (desert, tropics, temperate, marine, mountain). Long-term outdoor exposure is the ultimate test for all module components, material quality and manufacturing quality.
In the absence of long-term, field-proven performance, many of today’s newer backsheet materials rely on various lab tests to suggest performance in the field. Unproven or inferior materials may save a few cents per watt, but just five years of focused field studies are proving these materials can put system performance, payback and safety at risk.
Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheets continue to be the leader in backsheet durability over time. They are also proven to experience 50% less power loss than competitive backsheets. DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions – delivering proven backsheet performance and lasting value, day after day.
- Chinese Forest Protected Against Fire by Off-Grid, Solar Powered Monitoring
- China Power Investment Opts for High-Quality, Field-Proven Materials from DuPont
- Advanced Materials Help Turn Rocky Road into Smooth Path Forward at Solar Park in France
- Sacramento Electrical Power Utility Makes Solar History
- Promoting the Sustainable Development of China’s Solar Energy Industry