Adding Efficiency Through Innovation
When Materials Matter™, you never stop improving them.
DuPont continues to set the pace of innovation in the solar industry by continuously introducing leading performance PV metallization pastes (including PERC, n Type, IBC) that deliver ever-greater solar panel efficiency and power.
We’ve introduced more than 120 new DuPont™ Solamet® products in just over 8 years. Each gain in efficiency reduces Balance of System (BoS) cost because less land is needed to generate the same power, installation and structure costs are lower, and operating and maintenance costs are reduced.
In the past 12 years, Solamet® pastes have helped enable solar cell improvements that have yielded 30% higher cell efficiencies, which means you can generate the same power with half the panels (and panel space).
DuPont was also rated highest of any paste supplier in product quality consistency, according to a recent SAI survey of solar cell and panel manufacturers. We work closely with our customers to optimize product performance and customize products to help ensure the highest possible yield.
All of our production facilities are ISO 9001:2008 quality certified and ISO 14001 environmental management systems (EMS) certified. DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions – delivering proven paste efficiency and lasting value, day after day.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Solamet® for Passivated Emitter Rear Cell (PERC)
DuPont™ Solamet® PV76x front side silver pastes designed to maximize efficiencies and improve the reliability of solar cells and panels utilizing Passivated Emitter Rear Cell (PERC) technology.
Solamet® N-type silver/aluminum frontside metallization pastes
Solamet® silver/aluminum paste for p-type emitters offers fine line printability, low contact resistivity on B-doped emitter layer and more
Solamet® Front Side Silver Pastes
Solamet® PV19x pastes offer P-type solar cell and panel manufacturers significant efficiency gains up to and exceeding 0.15 percent when compared to Solamet® PV18x paste, the current industry benchmark.
Solamet® PV Aluminum Pastes
Solamet® conductive aluminum compositions as a back surface conductor compatible with i-PERC for Local Back Surface Field designs of silicon solar cells
Solamet® Metal Wrap Through (MWT) Technology
Solamet® Metal Wrap Through technology for rear side interconnected silicon solar cell designs provide greater efficiency over standard cell designs
Solamet® Rear Side Low Silver Tabbing Metallization Paste
Excellent solderabililty and adhesion, very low consumption, high conductivity, compatible with rear side aluminum metallizations
- DuPont and Solartech Maximize PERC Efficiency with New Front Side Silver Paste
- Promoting the Sustainable Development of China’s Solar Energy Industry
- Sun Earth Solar Relies on DuPont™ Tedlar® Year After Year
- Advanced Photovoltaic Materials to Enable Electrification of Remote Corners of Ladakh, India
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Innovating With Urgency — Meeting the World’s Growing Energy Needs
- Investigating Module Performance in a Service Environment
- DuPont Wins Solar Industry Award in the PV Materials Category
- DuPont™ Solamet® Leads the Way to Achieve Higher Cell Efficiency
- DuPont Innovalight Selective Emitter Platform: Raising the Efficiency of Solar Cells
- Lowering LCOE, or the Overall Levelized Cost of Energy