Newest Generation Front Side Silver Paste Delivers Superior Efficiency for P-type Solar Cells
DuPont™ Solamet® PV19x photovoltaic metallization pastes are the newest in a series of advanced front side silver pastes designed to deliver superior efficiency for p-type solar cells and cost savings from higher yields.
DuPont™ Solamet® PV19x features include:
- Demonstrates efficiency gains up to and exceeding 0.15% compared to Solamet® PV18x paste, the current industry benchmark.
- The first product in the series, Solamet® PV19A paste enables fine line printing down to 30 microns.
- Improves line aspect ratios to minimize the shading effect on the surface of the solar cell through excellent paste transfer, while maintaining superior electrical conductivity to boost efficiency.
- Innovative chemistry enables extreme Lightly Doped Emitters (LDE) by reducing contact resistance by an order of magnitude for further electrical improvement
- Robust processing latitude improves production yields
- Tighter cell distribution has increased high-efficiency binning to more than 17.8% to support >260 watts of power output*
- Improves high efficiency cell production yield from 93% to 98.5%*
DuPont continues setting the pace of innovation in the solar industry with more than 110 new Solamet® photovoltaic metallization paste products introduced over the last 7 years, and it is actively developing variants of the new Solamet® PV19x series aimed at boosting solar cell efficiencies even further.
* Based on customer test results
The Solamet® PV18x series contains our proprietary Tellurium technology, which is only licensed and available from DuPont. Solamet® PV18x expands productivity further than previous front side silver pastes by delivering greater efficiency from even better contact to LDEs with less material required. We continue to innovate the Solamet® PV18x technology to achieve lower recombination losses, lower laydown and improved fine line, to support further reductions in cost of ownership of multi-crystalline cells with higher efficiency results.
|DuPont™ Solamet® PV18x features include:|
DuPont™ Solamet® PVD1x, PVD2x silver paste
- Designed to focus on reducing the J0,m value below the busbar and boosting adhesion.
- Used as second layer as combination with Solamet® front side silver paste to further optimize cell performance through a double printing procedure.
Product Data Sheets (1)
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Solamet® for Passivated Emitter Rear Cell (PERC)
DuPont™ Solamet® PV76x front side silver pastes designed to maximize efficiencies and improve the reliability of solar cells and panels utilizing Passivated Emitter Rear Cell (PERC) technology.
Solamet® N-type silver/aluminum frontside metallization pastes
Solamet® silver/aluminum paste for p-type emitters offers fine line printability, low contact resistivity on B-doped emitter layer and more
Solamet® PV Aluminum Pastes
Solamet® conductive aluminum compositions as a back surface conductor compatible with i-PERC for Local Back Surface Field designs of silicon solar cells
Solamet® Metal Wrap Through (MWT) Technology
Solamet® Metal Wrap Through technology for rear side interconnected silicon solar cell designs provide greater efficiency over standard cell designs
Solamet® Rear Side Low Silver Tabbing Metallization Paste
Excellent solderabililty and adhesion, very low consumption, high conductivity, compatible with rear side aluminum metallizations
Solamet® Low Temperature Silver Pastes
Solamet® PV41x series PV pastes are designed for low temperature processing on thin film PV and heterojunction solar cells, both rigid and flexible.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Innovating With Urgency — Meeting the World’s Growing Energy Needs
- DuPont™ Solamet® Leads the Way to Achieve Higher Cell Efficiency
- DuPont Leader Addresses Global Solar Markets, Trends and Opportunities
- Lowering LCOE, or the Overall Levelized Cost of Energy
- Get the Facts on DuPont Leadership in Solar Cell Efficiency