Low Silver DuPont™ Solamet® Designed to Drive Costs Down for Solar Cell Manufacturers
Low silver Solamet® photovoltaic metallization rear side paste is based on unique chemistry delivers higher cell performance and higher module reliability.
Cost advances to lower LCOE
• Higher adhesion to lower laydown
• Higher adhesion to reduce print footprint
• Silver replacement technology in the future
DuPont™ Solamet® PV52A photovoltaic metallization rear side paste is based on unique chemistry delivering higher cell performance and higher module reliability.
DuPont™ Solamet® PV52A features include:
• 30% Lower unit consumption per cell
• Enhanced solderability and reliability
• More than 30% paste saving
• Sustained higher power output
• Lead and Cadmium free*
DuPont™ Solamet® PV51M photovoltaic metallization rear side paste is a highly conductive solderable silver composition, developed to lower consumption yet providing excellent adhesion when used in conjunction with back side aluminum compositions. This paste may be co-fired with front side (n-type) silver conductors such as DuPont™ Solamet® PV15x and Solamet® PV16x, PV17x PV18x and PV19x and with back side (p-type) aluminum conductors such as DuPont™ Solamet® PV3xx.
DuPont™ Solamet® PV51x features include:
• Excellent printability window
• Co-firable with current Solamet® frontside silver pastes
• Superior adhesion window
• Reduced laydown
• Reduced tab footprint
• Lead and Cadmium free*
Other Tabbing Silver Pastes Include:
Solamet® PV505 & PV506 - A highly conductive silver composition, developed to provide excellent adhesion when used in conjunction with rear side aluminum compositions.
* Lead and Cadmium ‘free’ as used herein means that Lead or Cadmium are not intentionally added to the referenced product. Trace amounts however may be present.
Product Data Sheets (4)
- Solamet® PV51M PV Metallization Back Side Paste (PDF)
- Solamet® PV52A PV Metallization Back Side Paste (PDF)
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Solamet® PV19x pastes offer P-type solar cell and panel manufacturers significant efficiency gains up to and exceeding 0.15 percent when compared to Solamet® PV18x paste, the current industry benchmark.
DuPont™ Solamet® PV76x front side silver pastes designed to maximize efficiencies and improve the reliability of solar cells and panels utilizing Passivated Emitter Rear Cell (PERC) technology.
Solamet® silver/aluminum paste for p-type emitters offers fine line printability, low contact resistivity on B-doped emitter layer and more
Solamet® conductive aluminum compositions as a back surface conductor compatible with i-PERC for Local Back Surface Field designs of silicon solar cells
Solamet® PV41x series PV pastes are designed for low temperature processing on thin film PV and heterojunction solar cells, both rigid and flexible.
Solamet® Metal Wrap Through technology for rear side interconnected silicon solar cell designs provide greater efficiency over standard cell designs