Low Silver DuPont™ Solamet® Designed to Drive Costs Down for Solar Cell Manufacturers
Low silver Solamet® photovoltaic metallization rear side paste is based on unique chemistry delivers higher cell performance and higher module reliability.
Cost advances to lower LCOE
• Higher adhesion to lower laydown
• Higher adhesion to reduce print footprint
• Silver replacement technology in the future
DuPont™ Solamet® PV51M photovoltaic metallization rear side paste is a highly conductive solderable silver composition, developed to lower consumption yet providing excellent adhesion when used in conjunction with back side aluminum compositions. This paste may be co-fired with front side (n-type) silver conductors such as DuPont™ Solamet® PV15x and Solamet® PV16x, PV17x and with back side (p-type) aluminum conductors such as DuPont™ Solamet® PV3xx.
DuPont™ Solamet® PV51x features include:
• Excellent printability window
• Co-firable with current Solamet® frontside silver pastes
• Superior adhesion window
• Reduced laydown
• Reduced tab footprint
• Lead and Cadmium free*
*Lead and Cadmium ‘free’ as used herein means that Lead or Cadmium are not intentionally added to the referenced product. Trace amounts however may be present.
DuPont™ Solamet® PV52A photovoltaic metallization rear side paste is based on unique chemistry delivering higher cell performance and higher module reliability.
DuPont™ Solamet® PV52A features include:
• 30% Lower unit consumption per cell
• Enhanced solderability and reliability
• More than 30% paste saving
• Sustained higher power output
• Lead and Cadmium free
* Lead and Cadmium ‘free’ as used herein means that Lead or Cadmium are not intentionally added to the referenced product. Trace amounts however may be present.
Other Tabbing Silver Pastes Include:
Solamet® PV505 & PV506 - A highly conductive silver composition, developed to provide excellent adhesion when used in conjunction with rear side aluminum compositions
Product Data Sheets (4)
- Solamet® PV51M PV Metallization Back Side Paste (PDF)
- Solamet® PV52A PV Metallization Back Side Paste (PDF)
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Solamet® PV18x series frontside silver paste contains proprietary Tellurium technology, which is only licensed and available from DuPont
Solamet® Metal Wrap Through technology for rear side interconnected silicon solar cell designs provide greater efficiency over standard cell designs
Solamet® PV41x series PV pastes are designed for low temperature processing on thin film PV and heterojunction solar cells, both rigid and flexible.
Solamet® silver/aluminum paste for p-type emitters offers fine line printability, low contact resistivity on B-doped emitter layer and more
Solamet® conductive aluminum compositions as a back surface conductor compatible with i-PERC for Local Back Surface Field designs of silicon solar cells