Advanced Flip-Chip packages demand higher functionality in increasingly fine pitch substrates, resulting in the need to reliably create fine metal features. DuPont™ Microfill™ LVF IV Acid Copper plating process has been designed to meet these needs, using insoluble anodes and direct current (DC) plating in electroplating systems designed for substrate manufacturing.
- Designed for pattern plate capability, with excellent laser micro-via fill and pattern plate uniformity of Flip-Chip substrates.
- DC process with insoluble anodes to minimize idle-time effects.
- Bright, highly leveled, ductile deposit
- Easily analyzed and controlled by conventional CVS techniques.
- Highly tunable process for different product requirements.
Read Technical Paper
Next Generation Copper Pattern Plating for IC Package Application