DuPont™ Xavan® is a strong and easy to use stiffening and reinforcement fabric for multilayer filter elements. It ensures the shape of the filter remains stable, while providing excellent permeability. At the same time, it protects the filter medium while keeping the pleats separated and open for optimal filtration of the liquids. As DuPont™ Xavan® is made of 100% pure virgin PP polymer, it is perfect for an easy and trouble-free integration in the production process, where different PP components such as meltblown filters are laminated together to obtain a performing pleated filter.
DuPont™ Xavan® offers outstanding characteristics that are key for producing high-quality pleated filters for the filtration of liquids.
- Ideal to maintain the separation of the pleats open in liquid filtration, especially with cellulose filter media
- Since Xavan® is hydrophobic it doesn’t absorb humidity, contrary to PET materials. That avoids possible accumulation of microorganisms on the surface and contamination of the filtered liquid.
- Outstanding to support/stiffen laminated layers, especially in multi-layer pleated filters.
- Xavan® doesn’t require any mechanical treatment that affects the fibers and creates dust particles, contrary to carded materials. Therefore, there is no linting at the surface or edges of the material.
- Lightweight but strong protection of the filter medium (cellulose or melt blown PP).
- Excellent permeability, depending on density (weight/m2).
- Rigidity retention and capacity to retain pleats under pressure.
- Pure white, high grade virgin polymer, ISO 9001 certified. Also available in food and FDA approved grades.
- Structural uniformity across the entire material surface and no quality variation.
- Easy to cut (no fraying or irregular edges).