DuPont Nutrition & Health Shares Award-Winning Insights and Showcases Integrated Pharma Portfolio at AAPS: PharmSci360
DuPont Nutrition & Health, Dow Pharma Solutions and FMC Health & Nutrition Unite Portfolios to Offer Advanced Drug Delivery Solutions Across a Wide Range of Applications.
DuPont Nutrition & Health will put its innovative research and technical expertise on display at American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists: PharmSci 360, Nov. 4-7, 2018. DuPont experts will be available at booth #2109 and during poster presentations to discuss solutions for oral solid dose formulation as part of the newly combined portfolio of Dow Pharma Solutions, FMC Health & Nutrition and DuPont Nutrition & Health.
Throughout the four-day show attendees will be able to connect with DuPont to gain thought-provoking insights and view research about solutions for opioid abuse deterrence, controlled and immediate release, biologic delivery performance, solubility enhancement, vegetarian soft-capsule innovations and continuous manufacturing.
Of DuPont’s 11 research poster presentations, two have been recognized with AAPS’ “Best Abstract” Award, including:
• Physical Properties of Novel Surfactant for Stabilization of Biologics Suggest Mechanism for Improved Performance, Mon., Nov. 5 at 9:30-10:30 a.m. ET in Forum 11, Monitor 83, Joshua Katz, Research Scientist, will explore how improving the formulation stability of many antibody-based drugs and drug candidates can reduce costs and broaden markets for those drugs, while reducing side effects caused by byproducts of stability.
• Mechanical Properties of Polyethylene Oxide Formulated Tablets for Abuse Deterrent Formulations, Wed., Nov. 7 at 10:30-11:30 a.m. ET in Forum 10, Monitor 74, Elizabeth Tocce, Associate Application Engineer, will explore the effects of molecular weight, curing temperature and curing time on the tearing and fracture resistance of a formulated tablet.
Attendees who seek streamlined, advanced research insights can participate in three Rapid Fire Talks hosted by DuPont, including:
• Novel Surfactant Excipient Improves Biologic Stabilization Against Aggregation, Mon., Nov. 5 at 3:30-3:45 p.m. ET in 146A, WEWWC with Joshua Katz, Research Scientist.
• How the Pharma Industry Can Influence Excipient Regulation in China, Tues., Nov. 6 at 3:00-3:15 p.m. in 147 AB, WEWCC with Priscilla Zawislak, Global Regulatory Affairs Advocacy Manager.
• How critical is preventing alcohol dose dumping in formulations?, Wed., Nov. 7 at 4:45-5:00 p.m. in 146 B, WEWCC with Nasrin Mahmoudi, Pharmaceutical Application TS&D Manager.
“PharmSci360 allows us the opportunity to connect customers directly to the scientists responsible for providing the customized solutions for their unique formulations/process needs,” said Nick Grasman, Lead Market Manager, DuPont Nutrition & Health.” We look forward to sharing more about our newly integrated portfolio, collaborating with customers and further delving into industry research that are passion points for many of the presenters.”
DuPont experts will be available at booth #2109 to discuss its portfolio of innovative solutions for immediate release, controlled release and solubility enhancements, which offer:
• Immediate release with a suite of proprietary co-spray dried excipients optimized for use in dry granulation, wet granulation or direct compression to improve process robustness and boost productivity while also improving tablet hardness and increasing yields.
• Controlled release with polymers optimized for dry powder layering processes which can coat 40-60 percent faster than current multi-particulate coating technologies. Our polymers also can shorten development time and reduce manufacturing costs by up to 60 percent in direct compression.
• Rapid disintegration and dissolution with agents that exhibit excellent water uptake and rapid swelling properties to allow for a quicker dissolve at low use levels plus good stability and functionality to aid in the disintegration and dissolution of tablets, capsules and granules.
• Solubility enhancement with a portfolio of polymers uniquely tailored to address the solubilization performance requirements of active pharmaceutical ingredients through formulation of stable solid dispersions and inhibition of API crystallization.
• Vegetarian, clear alternative to gelation with a soft capsule, offering unique elegance and thermal stability properties. The technology is proven at commercial scale over a wide range of size, shapes and fills.
• Continuous manufacturing with a profile of excipients to streamline matrix tablet manufacture, deliver modified-release performance, and facilitate processing of heat- and moisture-sensitive APIs.
With decades of experience redefining industry standards and exceeding customer expectations, DuPont Nutrition & Health has started its journey toward achieving the EXCiPACT Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Certification Standard for all of its sites. Starting with its METHOCEL™ facilities, over the next several years the business will complete rigorous assessments and processes to verify quality is to the required standard throughout the globe.
To learn more about DuPont’s portfolio of high-performance pharmaceutical technologies and industry rated facilities, visit AAPS: PharmSci 360 booth #2109 or www.danisco.com/pharmaceuticals and www.dowpharmasolutions.com.
About DuPont Nutrition & Health
DuPont Nutrition & Health, a DowDuPont Specialty Products Division business, combines in-depth knowledge of food and nutrition with current research and expert science to deliver unmatched value to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and dietary supplement industries. We are innovative solvers, drawing on deep consumer insights and a broad product portfolio to help our customers turn challenges into high-value business opportunities. More information is available at www.food.dupont.com.
About DowDuPont Specialty Products Division
DowDuPont Specialty Products, a division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and worker safety. DowDuPont intends to separate the Specialty Products Division, which will be called DuPont, into an independent, publicly traded company. More information can be found at www.dow-dupont.com.