Nomex® Knowledge Center
Welcome to the Nomex® FR Apparel Knowledge Center
Here you will find helpful information and valuable insights from the experts at DuPont™ Nomex®.
We invite you to tap into our expertise to learn more about a wide variety of topics, such as the complex issue of FR garment comfort or the important distinction between FR compliance and protection.
Whether you prefer to view webinars, read articles or watch videos, this is the place for you! And be sure to visit often because we will be posting new information to the Nomex® Knowledge Center on a regular basis.
FR Comfort Resources
FR Protection Resources
Dual Hazard Protection
The 3 Second Myth
- FR Compliance vs. Protection: An Important Distinction (article)
- The 3 Second Myth: FR Compliance vs Protection (webinar slides )
- The 3 Second Myth: FR Compliance vs Protection (recorded webinar)
Lab Coat Safety
- Lab Safety – University of California (article)
- Your Safety in Nothing to Experiment With – Got PPE? (webinar slides)
- Your Safety in Nothing to Experiment With – Got PPE? (recorded webinar)
Costs of FR Protection
- How much is your FR garment costing you really? (webinar slides)
- How much is your FR garment costing you really? (recorded webinar)
- Burn Injury Costs (webinar slides)
- Burn Injury Costs (recorded webinar)
- Launderability and Impact on Protection (webinar slides)
- Launderability and Impact on Protection (recorded webinar)
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Nomex® III A
- Nomex® Nano & Nano Flex
- Nomex® Nano & Nano Flex
Nomex® XF Flame Barrier
Nomex® XF is a unique material that helps protect aluminum fuselage aircraft by providing a robust, durable and lightweight flame barrier that can help prevent outside fire from penetrating an aircraft cabin, allowing passengers additional time to escape such a hazard.
- Nomex® 900 Series
- Nomex® Electrical Insulation
- Nomex® Paper
- Nomex® Comfort
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Alternative Drive Vehicles
- 2014 FDIC Prize Winner
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
NESC® C2 Overview
NESC® C2 sets best practices and rules to protect utility workers in the construction, maintenance, and operation of electric supply and communication lines and equipment.
Durability and Lifecycle of DuPont™ Nomex®
Durable, inherently fire-resistant Nomex® fiber has an excellent wear life and helps contribute to bottom-line savings.
What Keeps You Safe?
“What Keeps You Safe?” PPE videos from DuPont show how heroes in firefighting, military, law enforcement, and emergency response rely on DuPont invention and innovation.
NFPA 2113 Overview
NFPA 2113 specifies the minimum selection, care, use, and maintenance requirements for flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel in areas at risk from flash fires or short-duration flame exposure that are compliant with NFPA 2112.
NFPA 2112 Overview
NFPA 2112, the standard on flame-resistant garments for protection of industrial personnel against flash fire, provides minimum requirements for the design, construction, evaluation, and certification of flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel.
- Materials for Hybrid & Electric Vehicles
Reducing Fossil Fuel Dependence
Materials will play an increasingly important role helping the auto industry resolve fuel economy and emissions challenges, according to 95 percent of design engineers surveyed by DuPont Automotive and the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
- Engine Efficiency for Lower CO2
- Vehicle Safety Solutions