A Thermoplastic Elastomer Engineered for Versatile Performance
Hytrel® combines the flexibility of rubber with the strength and processability of thermoplastics.
DuPontTM Hytrel® TPC-ET thermoplastic elastomer is a versatile copolyester. It combines resilience, and heat and chemical resistance with strength and durability.
Parts made with Hytrel® thermoplastic elastomer resin can flex in multiple directions, cycle after cycle, long after rubber would break. A prime example is the Constant Velocity Joint (CVJ) boot, an automotive component that is subject to an average of 150,000 miles of pounding, and a wide range of temperatures.
Hytrel® is an excellent choice when innovative new designs require creation of unique parts with multiple performance characteristics, since it can be processed using many thermoplastic methods. When renewably sourced materials are a priority, DuPont™ Hytrel® RS offers the same performance as Hytrel® while containing 20% to 60% of renewably sourced material from non-food biomass.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Medical Device Materials
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Hytrel® Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Thermoplastic Tubing and Elastomeric Hose
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Polymers for Oil and Gas
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Innovative Furniture Design
- Mechanical Gears
- Railway Technology for the Long Haul
- High Performance Materials for 3D Printing
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Hytrel® RS renewably sourced thermoplastic polyester elastomer
The renewably sourced grades of DuPont™ Hytrel® RS biobased polymers help reduce fossil fuel use, without compromising on performance.
- Innovation Spotlight: DuPont™ Hytrel®
- Hytrel® 30 years of Innovation in CVJ Boots
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
Hytrel® for Medical Tubing
Hytrel® fulfills plastic medical tubing requirements for flexibility, compliance with purity standards, toughness & resistance to flex fatigue, to a wide range of chemicals, and to traditional medical sterilization procedures.
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
- Office Seating Uses Flexible Plastic
- High Flex Cable for Bridges