Pyralux® AP Copper-Clad Laminate
DuPont™ Pyralux® AP is an all polyimide double sided copper clad laminate that has excellent thermal, chemical and mechanical properties ideal for use in high reliability flex and multilayer flex circuitry.
• Low CTE plated through hole reliability
• Excellent thermal resistance
• Excellent moisture and insulation resistance properties
• Low moisture absorption
• High tear strength
• Excellent dielectric thickness tolerance
• High peel strength
• Low outgassing, NASA data available
• UL 94 V-0 flammability rating
• UL maximum operating temperature (MOT) 180C
• Certified to IPC 4204A/11
• Halogen free
• Available in polyimide thicknesses of 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 mils; 7.0-20 mils available upon special request
• Available in copper thicknesses of 5.0, 9.0, 12, 18, 35, and 70 microns; thicker copper available upon special request
• Available in copper types RA, ED, and DT(RA)
• Custom sizes available in up to 85 inches in length
Product Data Sheets (3)
Additional Information (1)
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
DuPont™ Pyralux® TK is a fluoropolymer/polyimide composite double sided copper clad laminate and bondply ideal for high speed digital and high frequency flexible circuit applications.
DuPont™ Pyralux® LF products are acrylic-based copper clad laminates, coverlays, bondplys and sheet adhesives and have been the industry standard in high reliability applications in the consumer electronics industry for over 35 years with a proven record of consistency and dependability.
Pyralux® JT Coverfilm and Bonding Material is a polyamideimide-based technology for use in rigid-flex applications or higher temperature flex applications.
DuPont™ Pyralux® LF-B is DuPont™ Kapton® B black polyimide film coated with acrylic ideal for products here uniform matte black appearance is desired.
DuPont™ Pyralux® HXC is DuPont™ Kapton® MBC black polyimide film coated with epoxy ideal for products where uniform matte black appearance is desired.
DuPont™ Pyralux® FR products are acrylic-based flame retardant copper clad laminates, coverlays, bonpdplys and sheet adhesives for products requiring UL rating.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
This process is used on double sided (Type 2) circuits where maximum flexibility is desired.
Even though flex circuits are very pliable and flexible, there are limits to their flexibility.
The purpose of the fillet is to prevent conductors from being cracked when the circuit is flexed during installation.
Preventing isolated stress conditions critical to ensure no premature falilure will occur in flexibile circuit
During soldering or assembly operations any stress to the conductor/pad interface can cause a fracture of the conductor.
Design options for covercoated pad hold down for single-sided and double-sided flex circuit applications