Pyralux® AP Copper-Clad Laminate
DuPont™ Pyralux® AP is an all polyimide double sided copper clad laminate that has excellent thermal, chemical and mechanical properties ideal for use in high reliability flex and multilayer flex circuitry.
• Low CTE plated through hole reliability
• Excellent thermal resistance
• Excellent moisture and insulation resistance properties
• Low moisture absorption
• High tear strength
• Excellent dielectric thickness tolerance
• High peel strength
• Low outgassing, NASA data available
• UL 94 V-0 flammability rating
• UL maximum operating temperature (MOT) 180C
• Certified to IPC 4204A/11
• Halogen free
• Available in polyimide thicknesses of 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 mils; 7.0-20 mils available upon special request
• Available in copper thicknesses of 5.0, 9.0, 12, 18, 35, and 70 microns; thicker copper available upon special request
• Available in copper types RA, ED, and DT(RA)
• Custom sizes available in up to 85 inches in length
Product Data Sheets (3)
Additional Information (1)
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
DuPont™ Pyralux® LF products are acrylic-based copper clad laminates, coverlays, bondplys and sheet adhesives and have been the industry standard in high reliability applications in the consumer electronics industry for over 35 years with a proven record of consistency and dependability.
DuPont™ Pyralux® TK is a fluoropolymer/polyimide composite double sided copper clad laminate and bondply ideal for high speed digital and high frequency flexible circuit applications.
DuPont™ Pyralux® FR products are acrylic-based flame retardant copper clad laminates, coverlays, bonpdplys and sheet adhesives for products requiring UL rating.
DuPont™ Pyralux® LF-B is DuPont™ Kapton® B black polyimide film coated with acrylic ideal for products here uniform matte black appearance is desired.
DuPont™ Pyralux® HXC is DuPont™ Kapton® MBC black polyimide film coated with epoxy ideal for products where uniform matte black appearance is desired.
DuPont™ Pyralux® AC is an all polyimide single sided copper clad laminate ideal for applications that require thin, light and high density circuitry along with chip-on-flex attachment.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
DESIGN TIP: Pad Only Plating
This process is used on double sided (Type 2) circuits where maximum flexibility is desired.
DESIGN TIP: Epoxy Resin Fillets
The purpose of the fillet is to prevent conductors from being cracked when the circuit is flexed during installation.
DESIGN TIP: Minimum Bend Radius for Flex Circuits
Even though flex circuits are very pliable and flexible, there are limits to their flexibility.
DESIGN TIP: Need for Anchoring Spurs and Pad Fillets
During soldering or assembly operations any stress to the conductor/pad interface can cause a fracture of the conductor.
DESIGN TIP: Balanced Circuit Pattern Reduces Premature Failure
Preventing isolated stress conditions critical to ensure no premature falilure will occur in flexibile circuit
DESIGN TIP: Pad Hold Down Options
Design options for covercoated pad hold down for single-sided and double-sided flex circuit applications