Kapton® FPC superior adhesion and low shrinkage polyimide film
DuPont™ Kapton® FPC polyimide film is treated on both sides and has the same excellent balance of physical, chemical and electrical properties over a wide temperature range offered by general purpose Kapton® HN.
Kapton® FPC offers superior dimensional stability and adhesion, and is specifically designed for flex circuit manufacturers. In applications where superior adhesion and low shrinkage are important, Kapton® FPC is the polyimide film of choice.
- Flexible printed circuits
- Consumer products
- Telecommunications equipment
- Industrial instrumentation and controls
- Military applications
- Electronic parts
- PCB stencils
- Screen printing
- Insulation tubing
|property||1 mil||2 mil||3 mil||5mil|
|Dielectric Strength, V/mil||7.700||6,100||5,200||3,900|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion, ppm/°C||20||20||20||20|
|Dimensional Stability, %||.03||.03||.03||.03|
For complete information on Kapton® FPC, view data sheet.
Product Data Sheets (1)
- Kapton® RS All Polyimide Heater Keeps Phone Batteries Warm in Cold Weather
- Kapton® for Aircraft Thermal/Acoustic Insulation Systems
- DuPont Materials Enables Advanced Technology in Hypothermia Prevention
- Kapton® EN Chosen for L’Garde Solar Sail
- Kapton FN for Winding Wire Insulation Systems in Eurotram Engines
- Kapton® for Traction Motors - 100 Million Km and Still Going
Bar Code Labels of DuPont™ Kapton®
Kapton® label stocks endure the most hostile environments without overlamination.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Kapton® film Offers Reliability in Seat Sensor Applications
- Kapton® Primary Electrical Insulation in Aerospace Applications
- DuPont Electronic Materials Go to Mars and Beyond
- Safer Gas Connections Thanks to Kapton®
- Kapton® for Improved Motor & Generator Performance
- Kapton® PST for Pressure Sensitive Tape Industry
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Kapton® RS
DuPont™ Kapton® B polyimide film exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties over a wide temperature range, with superior dimensional stability at elevated temperatures.
DuPont™ Kapton® FN is a general purpose HN film that is coated or laminated on one or both sides with Teflon® FEP fluoropolymer.
Kapton® HN is the recommended choice for applications that require an all-polyimide film with an excellent balance of properties over a wide range of temperatures.
Kapton® corona resistant film withstands the damaging effects of corona discharge. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies versus conventional insulation materials.
Kapton® FCRC combines corona resistant polyimide film with a heat fusible FEP fluoropolymer film. The corona resistance provides improved service life and operational efficiencies vs conventional insulation materials.
Kapton® PV9100 Series
Kapton® polyimide film is widely used as a dielectric substrate for its high temperature resistance, self extinguishing burn characteristics, toughness and flexibility.
- Kapton® MT
DuPont Kapton® CR polyimide film was developed specifically to withstand the damaging effects of “corona,” which can cause ionization and eventual breakdown of an insulation material or system when the voltage stress reaches a critical level.
Kapton® FCR is a state-of-the-art wire insulation that will withstand corona discharge while delivering improved long term performance, cost effectively.
In applications where low shrinkage and superior adhesion are important, Kapton® HPP-ST is the polyimide film of choice.
Kapton® GS film has been specifically designed and manufactured to expand the processing window and improve yields during artificial graphite sheet production.