Durable Medical Device Packaging for Demanding Applications
Tyvek® 1073B provides the highest level of protection, making it the ideal choice for medical device packaging that requires high strength and superior microbial barrier.
DuPontTM Tyvek® 1073B has the highest strength of all Tyvek® styles for medical device packaging.
High-Strength Protection for High-Risk Products
Made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), Tyvek® offers exceptional protection against damage for sharp or heavy products, outperforming more fragile alternative materials, such as medicalgrade paper. Its strength helps Tyvek® 1073B protect and maintain the sterility of high-risk medical products, such as artificial hips and heart valves.
In addition, Tyvek® 1073B is compatible with a broad range of manufacturing and sterilization processes, and is a superior microbial barrier, to help preserve sterility during both shipping and storage.
Tyvek® 1073B provides a range of advantages for medical device manufacturers. These include:
- High durability to withstand impact during shipping and storage.
- A superior microbial barrier that helps medical packaging start sterile and stay sterile.
- Compatibility with many sterilization processes.
- Clean peel and low risk of packaging contamination.
- Production under ISO 14001, offering recyclability and support of sustainability programs.
- Reliable, highquality supply
Unlike other materials, Tyvek® 1073B and all Tyvek® styles for medical device packaging are compatible with the most common methods of sterilization, giving medical device manufacturers greater flexibility. These include:
- Ethylene Oxide (EO)
- Steam (under controlled conditions)
- Low temperature oxidative
To meet growing global demand and ensure continuity and flexibility of future supply, DuPont is transitioning manufacturing of Tyvek® 1073B to production lines using the latest flash-spinning technology.
Learn more about medical packaging transition.
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging styles comply with the materials portion of ISO 11607-1:2006(R)2010 and meet all the acceptable performance criteria for bio-compatibility and other regulatory requirements.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- Tyvek® Plays Role in HAI Prevention
- Sustainability in Healthcare Packaging
- Proven Microbial Barrier Protection
Lab Chosen for Package Testing
DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection selected Nelson Laboratories as the independent testing lab that will perform the medical package testing for the DuPont™ Tyvek® Medical Packaging Transition Project (MPTP).