Long-Term Outdoor Exposure is the Ultimate Test for Selecting the Right Backsheet
Using DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF film in your PV module’s backsheet will help position your PV module brand as high quality and reliable.
Not all backsheets are created equal. In order to protect a module for 25 years, the backsheet must have three critical properties: weatherability, mechanical strength and adhesion; however, the most important thing is the optimal balance of these three properties.
Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheet is the industry standard for backsheets
Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheet designs have now been in the field for more than 30 years in all kinds of climates (such as desert, tropical, seashore and mountain) and continue to provide critical, long-life protection to the module, safeguarding the system and enabling long-term PV system returns. Tedlar® PVF film offers the optimal balance of properties for weatherability, adhesion and mechanical strength—properties that are required for long module lifetime.
DuPont offers Tedlar® PVF film for two types of backsheet constructions. Both types of backsheet constructions are commercially available and are currently being used in solar PV modules throughout the world. Each type delivers the high performance properties and standards that Tedlar® is known for throughout the industry.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- The Importance of Selecting the Right Materials for Solar Modules
- Innovating With Urgency — Meeting the World’s Growing Energy Needs
- Mitigating Strategies for Hot Spots in Crystalline Silicon Solar Panels
- Protect your modules and brand with DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheet
- Investigating Module Performance in a Service Environment
- DuPont Leader Addresses Global Solar Markets, Trends and Opportunities
- Poster Content: 2015 PV Reliability Reception
- Chinese Forest Protected Against Fire by Off-Grid, Solar Powered Monitoring
- China Power Investment Opts for High-Quality, Field-Proven Materials from DuPont
- Sacramento Electrical Power Utility Makes Solar History
- Advanced Materials Help Turn Rocky Road into Smooth Path Forward at Solar Park in France
- Solar Plant in Cernay Powers Up With DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions
- Yingli Solar’s Largest Project Is Powered by California Sunshine
- DuPont and TSEC Collaborate on New High-efficiency Solar Panels
- DuPont brings solar power to almost 300,000 homes in rural parts of Rajasthan in India
- Promoting the Sustainable Development of China’s Solar Energy Industry
- Sun Earth Solar Relies on DuPont™ Tedlar® Year After Year
- Advanced Photovoltaic Materials to Enable Electrification of Remote Corners of Ladakh, India