Long-Term Outdoor Exposure is the Ultimate Test for Selecting the Right Backsheet
Using DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF film in your PV module’s backsheet will help position your PV module brand as high quality and reliable.
Not all backsheets are created equal. In order to protect a module for 25 years, the backsheet must have three critical properties: weatherability, mechanical strength and adhesion; however, the most important thing is the optimal balance of these three properties.
Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheet is the industry standard for backsheets
Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheet designs have now been in the field for more than 30 years in all kinds of climates (such as desert, tropical, seashore and mountain) and continue to provide critical, long-life protection to the module, safeguarding the system and enabling long-term PV system returns. Tedlar® PVF film offers the optimal balance of properties for weatherability, adhesion and mechanical strength—properties that are required for long module lifetime.
DuPont offers Tedlar® PVF film for two types of backsheet constructions. Both types of backsheet constructions are commercially available and are currently being used in solar PV modules throughout the world. Each type delivers the high performance properties and standards that Tedlar® is known for throughout the industry.
This document will focus on key findings and recommendations based on the extensive solar installation inspections that were conducted in Europe and the Middle East.
- Sacramento Electrical Power Utility Makes Solar History
- Advanced Materials Help Turn Rocky Road into Smooth Path Forward at Solar Park in France
- China Power Investment Opts for High-Quality, Field-Proven Materials from DuPont
- Chinese Forest Protected Against Fire by Off-Grid, Solar Powered Monitoring
- Unique Turkish Solar Plant Chooses Durable Backsheets made with Tedlar® PVF Film
- Yingli Solar’s Largest Project Is Powered by California Sunshine
- DuPont and TSEC Collaborate on New High-efficiency Solar Panels
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- DuPont Highlights Solar Innovations, Shares Expertise at 2017 SNEC PV Power Expo
SNEC 2017 Abstracts
Abstracts for DuPont Oral & Poster Presentations at the SNEC 11th International Photovoltaic Power Generation Conference
- Innovating With Urgency — Download New Brochure
- Download Exclusive PV Content from Intersolar 2016
- INTERACTIVE: What Makes Up a Solar Panel?
- DuPont Highlights Solar Innovations, Shares Expertise at 2016 SNEC PV Power Expo
- Investigating Module Performance in a Service Environment