Plastics from DuPont
DuPont offers the Plastics Industry a unique combination of material science, world class production, innovative design and hands-on industry support.
We drive market innovations through our strong heritage in polymer science, and are dedicated to solving real customer problems.
Today you need more from your suppliers than just materials. You need a resource that can carry a project from concept to commercialization. DuPont can be that partner. We offer you properties and benefits that are important to giving your products that extra competitive edge.
- Kevlar® brand
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Vespel® Parts & Shapes
- Rynite® PET Polyester Resin
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts
- Crastin® PBT Thermoplastic Polyester Resin
- Delrin® acetal resin
- Hytrel® TPC-ET thermoplastic polyester elastomer
- Zytel® nylon resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- DuPont Received Global Supplier Award 2015 from MAHLE Filtration and Engine Peripherals
- Daimler AG Replaces Metal with DuPont™ Zytel® Polyamide in Engine Brackets
- Continental Uses DuPont™ Crastin® Super Fast PBT for new Contactless Position Sensor Housing
DuPont Automotive Capture Powertrain Innovation Award
DETROIT, Nov. 12, 2015 – Honda, Delphi Automotive and DuPont Automotive captured the most innovative use of plastics award in the powertrain category at last night’s 45th Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE®) Automotive Innovation Awards Competition & Gala. The team was awarded for the development of the Delphi Multec® 3.5 Heated Tip Port Fuel Injector used on the Honda Fit and Honda City vehicles sold in Brazil to improve cold-start performance in ethanol-fueled vehicles.
- CTI Transmission Symposium 2015
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- DuPont™ Zytel® LCPA Tops Oil & Gas Tanks
- New DuPont Nylon and Thermoplastic Elastomer Resins Reinforce DuPont’s Materials Supplier Leadership Role for Automotive Air Ducts
80th Anniversary of Zytel®
GENEVA, Oct. 12, 2015 – If guitars, piano and voice shape music; and email, texts and blogs shape how we communicate; then nylon shapes ideas. Now celebrating its 80th anniversary, the breakthrough material invented by DuPont Researcher Wallace Carothers in 1935.
International Elastomer Conference
WILMINGTON, Del., Sept. 29, 2015 – DuPont Performance Polymers underscores two new DuPont™ Vamac® ethylene acrylic elastomer (AEM) products at the International Elastomer Conference, October 12-15 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Nylon Exhibit at the University of Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del., Sept. 24, 2015 – DuPont Performance Polymers will help support the opening of an exhibit showing the inner workings of the invention and commercialization of nylon through the notes and legacy of Joseph Labovsky, a core member of the nylon discovery team.
2015 DuPont Automotive WardsAuto Survey
TROY, Mich., Aug. 5, 2015 – While lightweighting and engine efficiency again top the list of strategies the auto industry is using to meet 2025 CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standards, the annual WardsAuto survey, sponsored by DuPont Automotive, shows all technologies are getting more emphasis as the mid-term review deadline looms.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Medical Device Materials
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- High Pressure Seals
- Centrifugal Pump Parts
- Polymers for Oil and Gas