DuPont offers specialized, cost-effective solutions that help brand owners, converters, manufacturers, tradeshops, and printers meet branding, performance, and sustainability goals.
With end-to-end design and application development expertise that cuts across industries, DuPont works with customers to create packaging innovations that support key business objectives.
Our broad range of specialty resins and advanced materials let customers do more with less. They inspire eye-catching solutions and help reduce packaging’s environmental footprint of products and processes.
Sealants and lidding resins preserve flavor, ensure food safety, and prevent waste and spoilage. Other resins and packaging materials keep medical and industrial goods safe and secure from shipment to shelf. Through collaboration, we create packaging innovations which make packaging lighter, reducing transportation fuel usage. And DuPont environmentally friendly printing solutions include a solvent-free thermal plate system for large-format printing.
- Announcing 2016 DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation Call for Entries
- DuPont Announces 2015 (27th) Packaging Innovation Award Winners
- Balenciaga Caps and Collars
- Surlyn® Meets Milano - December 1-6, 2015
- 26th (2014) DuPont Packaging Awards Winners
DuPont, Plastics News Survey Finds What Keeps the Plastics Industry up at Night
WILMINGTON, Del., March 23, 2015 – As the tri-annual NPE opens today in Orlando, Fla, many of the 60,000 who registered are dealing with issues like the environment and sustainability, global competition and unstable oil prices, according to a survey of nearly 800 plastics industry professionals.
- Recycling Chemical Containers
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
Ceramic Packaging for Meals
French ceramic container maker Poteries Malicornaises uses DuPont™ Nucrel® in ceramic packaging to successfully seal and protect ready-to-eat meals.
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Shelf Stable Packaging Using Appeel®
- Wine Closures Replace Cork
- Stand-Out Cereal Packaging
- Cheese Packaging
European packaging converter WipakGryspeert uses DuPont™ Bynel® in foam trays for a more efficient, flexible, and fresher packaging solution for meat, seafood and ready-to-eat meals.
An Italian packaging converter uses DuPont™ Appeel® for a reliable, easy-to-peel, tamper-evident packaging solution for ice cream.
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Izon® Anti-Counterfeit Technology
- Tyvek® for Sterile Packaging
- Artistri® Textile Inks
- Cyrel® Flexographic Systems
- Tyvek® for Graphics
- Nucrel® Acid Copolymer Resin
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- DuPont™ 20 Series Polyethylene Resin
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Flexible Packaging Films SaVE Tool
The DuPont Packaging Sealant Value Estimator (SaVE) helps brand owners and converters evaluate the total costs of flexible packaging that relies on sealing solutions to help protect the contents.
- 2015 Global Food Security Index Shows Improvement
The DSS Consulting Philosophy
Read about the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) consulting philosophy and learn more about transformational business solutions informed by years of practical experience.
- Collaborating for Food Protection
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- Tyvek® Plays Role in HAI Prevention
- Proven Microbial Barrier Protection
- Sustainability in Healthcare Packaging
Sealant Selector Tool
DuPont Sealant Selector Tool takes the mystery ouf of selecting the right packaging sealant.
Tie Resin Selector Tool
To help packaging manufacturers choose their best tie resin, DuPont has created a tie resin selector tool.
- Sustainable Packaging Solutions
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Flexible Packaging Solutions
- Tag & Label Market Solutions
- Surlyn® for Polymer Modification
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Surlyn® 3D Containers
- Beverage and Food Packaging Design
- Beverage Packaging and Containers
Plastic Closures for Beverages
DuPont™ Elvax® and other resins for beverage plastic closures maintain hermetic seals, preserve flavor, prevent leaks, and make caps and lids easy to open or peel off.
- Liquid Packaging Pouches