DuPont offers specialized, cost-effective solutions that help brand owners, converters, manufacturers, tradeshops, and printers meet branding, performance, and sustainability goals.
With end-to-end design and application development expertise that cuts across industries, DuPont works with customers to create packaging innovations that support key business objectives.
Our broad range of specialty resins and advanced materials let customers do more with less. They inspire eye-catching solutions and help reduce packaging’s environmental footprint of products and processes.
Sealants and lidding resins preserve flavor, ensure food safety, and prevent waste and spoilage. Other resins and packaging materials keep medical and industrial goods safe and secure from shipment to shelf. Through collaboration, we create packaging innovations which make packaging lighter, reducing transportation fuel usage. And DuPont environmentally friendly printing solutions include a solvent-free thermal plate system for large-format printing.
- Two new grades extend the DuPont™ Surlyn® palette for endless innovation and creativity
- Coverpla plays colourful variations with new DuPont™ Surlyn® caps
- DuPont Launches New DuPont™ Tyvek® 40L in China with Plans for Global Availability in 2018
- Surlyn® reflects the golden hour for “Terre de Lumière” by L’Occitane
- Light and color for Surlyn® at LuxePack Monaco 2017
- Aptar’s Cosmetic Pumps Made with Crastin® PBT
- Recycling Chemical Containers
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
Ceramic Packaging for Meals
French ceramic container maker Poteries Malicornaises uses DuPont™ Nucrel® in ceramic packaging to successfully seal and protect ready-to-eat meals.
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Shelf Stable Packaging Using Appeel®
- Wine Closures Replace Cork
- Stand-Out Cereal Packaging
- Cheese Packaging
European packaging converter WipakGryspeert uses DuPont™ Bynel® in foam trays for a more efficient, flexible, and fresher packaging solution for meat, seafood and ready-to-eat meals.
An Italian packaging converter uses DuPont™ Appeel® for a reliable, easy-to-peel, tamper-evident packaging solution for ice cream.
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Tyvek® for Sterile Packaging
- Artistri® Textile Inks
- Cyrel® Flexographic Systems
- DuPont™ Tyvek® for Graphics
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- DuPont™ 20 Series Polyethylene Resin
- Izon® Anti-Counterfeit Technology
- Surlyn® Ionomer Resin
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Collaborating for Food Protection
- Where to Buy Tyvek® Envelopes
- X-Ray and Metal Detectable Plastic Resins
Seaming & Sealing
Learn more about technical information related to seaming and sealing for Industrial Packaging.
- Tyvek® for Active Packaging Where to Buy
DuPont™ Tyvek® for Graphics: Features & Benefits
DuPont™ Tyvek® has features and benefits that make it ideal for most of your printing and converting applications.
- DuPont Graphics Preferred Printers
- Technical Information - Test Results for DuPont™ Tyvek®
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part II A closer look at ASTM international standard test m ethod F2638
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part I The work behind ASTM International Standard Test Me thod F2638
- How Small Is Small? The Effects of Pinholes on Medical Packaging
Find Key Industry Organizations Here
Members of the DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection Team regularly participate in activities within a number of industry standards-setting organizations around the world. Links to these and other key industry organizations are provided here.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tag & Label Market Solutions
- Flexible Packaging Solutions
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Wristbands made of Tyvek®
- Surlyn® for Polymer Modification
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Beverage and Food Packaging Design
- Beverage Packaging and Containers
- Surlyn® 3D Containers
Plastic Closures for Beverages
DuPont™ Elvax® and other resins for beverage plastic closures maintain hermetic seals, preserve flavor, prevent leaks, and make caps and lids easy to open or peel off.